Chapter 27

Lia's POV

At some point, I don't feel anything anymore. My mind is blank and even the cold water around me doesn't bother a thing. My wholeness got numb.

Is this how far my trust can go? Is this how shallow my trust is?

I can't think of any good now, it's like everyone made up of shattered glasses that every move they make stab me and it hurt's like hell.

W-what am I-I gonna do? I-I

Suddenly a warm arms hug around me.

"Love?"

I lift my head and saw ryujin with a smile. She tighten the hug around me and rest her head on my shoulder.

Then without a warning she kisses my forehead "You're thinking too much" she said

At that moment, all of the questions and mess on my mind quickly goes away. The numbness and cold feeling from my body turn to warm. I can feel my blood run through my veins and I feel alive again.

I stare at her for a moment and return a smile. I travel my sight on her until I reach her hands.

Another bleeding knuckle.

"Love? Are you alright"

I snapped back to myself

"How long have you been here?"

"Just now" she said and loosen up "Can I join you?"

"Did something happen?" I ask "Where are the others?"

"Still at the beach" she walk in front of me and ask me again "Can I join you?"

I nodded and curl my knees upward. She get inside the tub with her clothes on and sitted infront of me.

"What are you doing here?"

"They told me you got dizzy"

Ryujin move closely to me and put a hand on my cheek

"Are you sick?" she softly ask

I shake my head and hold her hand "What happen to this?"

I look at her but she just give me a smile. The smile with her whisker dimple, I haven't seen this smile for a long time now.

"I'm sorry love, I promised you that I will not make this knuckles bleed anymore" she said.

I smile at her and gently touch her knuckle "I'll go get the medicine kit"

I stood up and was about to go when ryujin held my hand tight and pull me, making me fell in her chest. She rest her back on the tub and position me in her side. She softly move her hand one around my shoulders and the other hugging my head closely to her. She rest her head on top of my head and gently stroke my hair.

"Do you feel better now?" she ask

"Much better" I said and chuckle "but how about your hand?" I pull my body up but she lock her arms around me

"Don't worry about it" she said and yawn "I'm so tired love"

"You should take rest"

"Yes, we should" she said and pull me closer to her. She kisses the top of my head and close her eyes.

Third Person's POV

Lia wrap her  arms around ryujin's waist and just feel the girl's heartbeat and her soft breaths.

She look up and gently fix the small hair on the taller girl's face.

"I'm sorry if I doubted you" lia whispered and touch ryujin's cheeks

"I'm sorry if I doubted the trust I gave you. I promise to always believe in you so please.."

"..please don't break me" the girl added and wrap her arms back on the other girl's waist.

Little by little lia was drag by sleepiness until her eyes are fully close. She cuddled herself in ryujin's body and sleep.

The tic tac sound of the tap water continue to echo in the bathroom. The only soft sound that can be heard is lia's slow and warm breaths.

Ryujin open her eyes and let out a faint smile. She look at lia and caress the girl's cheek. She tighten the hug around the girl and bury herself to it.

"I'm sorry..."

The taller girl repeated again and again with her head rested on lia's head. She softly rub the girl's shoulder and kisses it's cheeks.

She look up and fixed her gaze at the ceiling with a hurting heart and a battling mind.

Eventually, the heaviness on her eyes started to take place.

She choose to look at lia one last time before drifted to sleep.