Empty

The next few days felt the same. It was only todoroki, Bakugou, and I. No one ever spoke of Kouki, he was gone. I felt like a part of me was gone and no expression arose on my face. It felt as if I was stuck in one spot while the world around me kept moving. I didn't eat, barely slept, never talked, I hardly moved.

At first todoroki fought to get me to smile again, and each time it failed. Eventually he gave up on trying to make me to smile, and instead he fought to just get me to show emotion... any emotion. Like before, his efforts failed. And soon enough, the day to take my cast off came.

I was awoken to Todoroki shaking me awake. "Bunny, today's the day!! Isn't it exciting?" He tried to sound excited but I remained emotionless. Silent. "Please say something doll," he said, dropping his head. "I miss him too ya know," he mumbled. He sounded so genuine that it made my blood boil, but I dropped it. I didn't have energy to care.

And like that, the day began anew. We ate breakfast and got ready. On the car ride there I couldn't help but imagine myself walking again. What's my plan then? Just live like this until I die? Wait until everyone around me slowly disappeared.

Todoroki told me his father would be coming to visit this summer. Maybe I could try and escape from there. Maybe Kouki will tell the police everything todoroki is doing. Every possibility of escaping crossed my mind but deep down I knew it wasn't going to happen. Todoroki was careful and Kouki was loyal, too loyal. For what? Because todoroki saved him? I'd rather be homeless than be with him. I could feel my eyes start to water so I think of something else.

Eventually we made it to the hospital and from there we met Dr. Orson again. He took off the casts and told me to take it easy for awhile. He then talked to todoroki alone. I tried my best to listen to them but gave up. I then focused on my new legs. They felt light. I bend my knees and instantly hear my bones cracking. That.. doesn't sound good. I guess my legs were stiff for being straight for weeks.

I didn't quite understand, I had my legs back. Shouldn't I be smiling? But I felt so, dare I say it, dead inside. Todoroki came up to me and smiled. "Time to go bunny," he said as he helped me balance myself. After a minute or so, I already got the hang of walking again and I wanted to run forever. I wanted my legs feel so weak that I just collapse. (Pause on that👀)

The car ride was silent, the only sound was the passing of other cars. Maybe I should bang on the window, get other people's attention. Todoroki sat next to me so I knew he'd stop me before anyone even noticed anything. I rest my head on the window, submerging the feeling of crying deep down.

We finally managed to make it to the mansion. I wait for todoroki to open my door, considering child safety was on so it could only be open from the outside.

After going inside, todoroki set me on the couch. "Wait here," he said before running off. Two guards never turned their gaze away from me. I guess security would be more tight because I can walk again.

Todoroki came back with a carrier in hand. A soft meow filled the room. My heart instantly sunk. Setting the crate on my lap, todoroki said, "to my precious bunny." I yanked the blanket off to reveal a black cat. S..Senpai. My eyes instantly weld up and I could no longer hold back tears. Slamming the crate door open, I grab senpai and give him a big hug. I cried into his long, black coat.

Todoroki dropped his body onto the floor and put his face into his hand. "Finally, a reaction," I hear him whisper to himself. Letting out a big sigh of relief, he got up and sat beside me on the couch. "Bun-" he sighed then continued, "y/n, we need to talk." Did he just say my name? Shit.. am I in trouble?

I don't say anything, instead I just look at him with senpai tight in my arms. "You need to stop acting.. depressed. It makes me sad to see you like that baby," he said, not making eye contact. "Acting depressed" I thought to myself. I'm not acting depressed, I AM DEPRESSED!!

I turned my gaze away from him and quietly mumbled, "then try harder to make me happy." After saying that I instantly wish I hadn't. I look at todoroki and he doesn't hold a reaction. I mentally sigh in relief because he didn't hear me.

A few moments of silence flew by before he spoke again, "how can I do that? I thought what I was doing was the right thing." Crap, he heard me. I mentally face palm. "You're fucked up," I whisper as more tears start pouring down. I didn't care about filtering myself anymore, I just needed to get everything off my chest.

Todoroki chuckled humorlessly and said, "I know." After that we spent what felt like hours in silence. If this was a movie then there would be a slow zoom out and sad music in the background, but this wasn't a sad movie... it's a sad fanfic so all I can do is just imagine it in my head.

{Karma's pov}

For days I've tried to get information out of Kouki and for days he said nothing. Police were getting tired of his lack of cooperation and were ready to give up on him, all except for I. I found it rather interesting. It was no fun if people gave up immediately, no, this, this was fun.

"I'll cut half your sentence time if you tell me if todoroki has anything to do with the recent disappearances at UA," I tried to make a deal with Kouki, and like before, he gave me the same answer, "I have no clue what you're talking about." What made this even more interesting was the fact that he kept a smile on his face the whole time, keeping up his loyal butler act.

"Okay, for days we've been talking about the same thing, let's step aside from the todoroki discussion for now and let's talk about why you're here," I say, sitting in my chair backwards. "Right, I'm here because I tortured and murdered countless women," he said in an oddly soothing tone. "Right," I say leaning closer to him. I lick my lips and continue, "give me specifics. Tell me what exactly you did to them."

His eyes widened and he asked, "I just confessed to everything and you're still digging for information of the matter?" I laugh rather darkly and said, "Oh I know, this isn't apart of the investigation. I just want to know what you did to them, don't skip any detail." Kouki's face went pale and a knock from the window ended me and kouki's conversation.

I rolled my eyes and left the room. "What the hell was that?" I ask annoyedly. "Sorry we had to cut your conversation, you're a sick mother fucker you know that," second in command stated. The first in command was my father and I, I was a no one. I'm just a smart guy with connections to the police so I occasionally worked cases, kind of like Sherlock Holmes.

I pop a cigar into my mouth and say, "I know, it wouldn't be fun if I wasn't." The man grabbed me by the collar of my shirt and pinned me against the wall, "what if I told your father about how disgusting his son was?" I drop my head and say, "you made me drop my cigar." "What? ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME?" He yelled. He scoffed and stormed out of the room.

I groan and step on my cigar, making sure to not catch the build on fire. Other officers stare and all I can do is storm off. Making it to my car, I drive to the nearest coffee shop. Afterwards I take my dark coffee and sit in my car. I blast some rock music and just let my mind wonder about the case. Todoroki, the longest case it has taken me to uncover but I will eventually.