Just a Slice

⚠️trigger warning⚠️
{y/n's pov}

The sun slowly went down and soon enough the full moon was up. Darkness filled the room. The rain trickled down and hit the building. It was relaxing. I looked out the window and watched as all the leaves became wet.

I was alone in the dark room. I couldn't sleep after all the names todoroki called me earlier today. I didn't want to sleep. I want to continue looking at the rain. I lean my head back and take a big breath out. I close my eyes for a few moments and just listened to the rain hitting my surroundings.

Once I open my eyes to see todoroki in front of me. I scream and smack him out of instinct. "I.. uh.. sorry, i..instinct." I manage to fearfully spit out. He looked at me with intensity. I try to avoid making eye contact. "Bunny," he whispered and dropped his head.

He then put his hand on my cheek. "Why do you hate me so much?" He asks on the verge of tears. I didn't say anything. I was fearful that I would say the wrong thing. He dropped his hand and sighed.

He reached in his pocket and pulled out a small box. He handed it to me. I look at him suspiciously and open the box. Inside contained a bunny necklace.

I pick the object up and examined it closely

I pick the object up and examined it closely. Todoroki carefully took it out of my hands. "May I?" He asks as he held the object. I fearfully nod and he puts the necklace on me. "It looks beautiful on you," he says as he smiles. I don't say anything.

"Come on y/n, stop giving me the silent treatment." He said gently. I just drop my head as a response. I didn't know what I could say. I didn't know what would strike a nerve. Silence was the best option.

He lifts my head up with his hands and says delicately, "Please don't be mad at me." As he said that I noticed his bruised knuckles. I grab his hands and inspect them better. I look at him worriedly so he pulls away his hands. "It's nothing," he says while avoiding eye contact.

"Todoroki," I say on the verge of tears, "what happened?" I didn't care about him. I cared about how he got them. It looked like he was punching something or someone. If that someone was bakugou then I cared deeply.

I didn't want to say bakugou's name to todoroki in case he got mad but I couldn't let it go. "Did you hurt someone?" I sadly whisper. I let a few tears escape. Todoroki didn't say anything. He just slowly nodded his head yes. I didn't think he felt guilty about hurting someone, he felt bad because I found out.

I drop my head and start crying. Todoroki didn't say anything. He was wondering what he should do. I wish Kouki was here. I really needed a hug right now.

"Stop crying over him," todoroki said firmly. I try to hold back my sobs but failed. "I'm sorry," I said quietly. I don't know what I was sorry for but I felt like it needed to be said. Me and todoroki aren't doing so well and that scared me. I have to get back on his good side.

"Can't we just redo things?" Todoroki said with his head down. "Can't we just start over?" He said with sadness. I didn't want to start things over. I couldn't just forget the things he did. I can't just pretend. I sigh and hold out my hand, indicating for him to shake it. "Hello, my name's y/n l/n," I say while putting on a big fake smile.

He lifted his head up to looked at me. He chuckled and shook my hand. "Todoroki, shoto," I giggle and smile at him. "It's nice to meet you todoroki," a light tint of pink dusted his cheek. "Y..yeah, nice to meet you too," he said dully with a hint of fluster.

{todoroki's pov}

"Y..yeah, nice to meet you too," I said dully while trying to hide my bashfulness. Oh how I wish it were this simple. We could just start over but it can't be like that. Your bright smile made my heart sink. It made me sad. I knew it was fake. I knew you inside and out. I can tell what's fake and what's real.

I could also see fear in your eyes. Your body tensed up when I made even the slightest move. Maybe it was about time I used kouki's quirk on you.

I sigh and say, "well l/n, I guess it's about time I go." I say while getting up. She giggles and says, "please call me y/n." I slightly smile and say, "well y/n, it was nice meeting you." "Likewise," she says with a grin on her face.

I leave your room and walk to the basement. I'm met with bakugou's gaze. "Up already?" I ask with a goofy grin. Bakugou sighs and says, "bring it on bitch." I chuckle and walk over to my cart of tools. Before I grab one Kouki walks through the door.

I glare at him with anger boiling through my body. "Kouki, I told you before, you're not allowed in here unless I tell you otherwise." Kouki bows and apologizes. "I know sir but it's urgent." What could be so important that he had to interrupt me and disobey direct orders.

I sigh angrily, "what?" I ask with anger. Kouki's voice was gentle as he said, "it's y/n." My eyes widen and I darted to your room. So many scenarios played through my head. Once arriving upon your room I notice that you weren't there.

My heart dropped. I can't lose you again. I run to the security room and rewind the tapes. What I saw terrified me. My poor bunny.

{y/n's pov}{time rewind}

Once todoroki left I slide out of bed. My swollen legs hit the ground. I wanted to yell and cry but I hold it in. I can't just reset. I can't ignore the fact the so many died because of me.

I crawl to the bathroom. My legs slid along the ground pathetically. Each slide hurt more then the last. Sharp pain continuously shot through my body. Tears fell from my e/c eyes.

Once in the bathroom I close and lock the door. I sigh heavily and sob. I take the knife out of my skirt pocket and hold it to my wrist. Nobody else has to die. If I'm gone then other people can live. I thought long and hard about this and I don't want to die. I don't want to that's why I was scared before but I have to sacrifice myself.  I have to kill myself for the greater good.

I cut my wrist. I croak in pain. I let todoroki's words replay in my mind. "I'm a pice of shit," I take a slice. "I'm a bitch," I take a slice. "I'm weak," I take another slice. "I'm selfish, I'm a monster," I take two more slices. "I use people and I break their hearts," I take another two more slices. Each slice got deeper and deeper. "I got everyone killed," I take a slice. "Midoriya," one cute. "Mineta," two cuts. "Bakugou," three cuts. "How many more people have to die?" I sob while taking another cut. "I hurt my parents," I take a slice. "I made them go crazy," I take another slice.

My face was covered in tears and snot. My arms were covered in blood and deep cuts. My vision began to blur. I oddly felt at peace. Dying was so peaceful. I could feel myself going limp. I smile while I sob. Finally, no more people have to die. I'll be the last. I inhale deeply and my eyes finally closed. I was finally gone.