6. Rhea baby

Siya

He didn't even compliment me when he got to know I made all the food. How rude. But thanks to Adah di, she taught me western desserts. I remember during our summer vacation, we used to make crazy food and always ended up, messing around the kitchen and our dresses. I chuckled, recalling those sweet memories.

Sitting on the sofa, I picked up a random magazine that was on the teapoy. It's some sort of celebrity gossip story filled with nonsense. I tossed that aside in a duh way.

I don't like gossip!

Didn't they have any good novels to read rather than magazines and newspapers? 

Sighing, I on the tv, and except for the news no other channels are there, not even Disney, I kept changing channels, until I stopped at Hungama, at least, I got something to watch as I ended up watching Shin-chan for an hour.

I switched off the tv when I felt bored, yet not productive, I went to the kitchen and decided to help in making dinner.

"Jannabai, let me help you," I said, grabbing the vegetables and knife that she took to cut.

"No, bahu sa, you are bahu how can I let you help me?" She protests. 

"I am bahu later, first I am like your daughter and a daughter always helps her mother, no?" 

"Still-"

"No stills, Ma, just pass me the cutter board."

She sighed defeatedly, passing me the board, "Alright. I hope Thakur and Thakurain sa won't scold me."

I giggled, "They won't and even if they do I will handle them." 

Just then, the doorbell rang, "I will see." Jannabai said and went to answer the door, I followed her, right after I finished cutting all the veggies.

"How can Karan didn't even inform me about his marriage?!" A female voice exclaimed, angrily.

"How would I know, Rhea baby, please sit and have some water," Jannabai replied to her.

"Nope, I won't drink anything in this house until I know the reasons, why I came to know about this from Sushma ma?"

"What's wrong?" I asked Rhea, who seemed to be pissed at Karan, she was in a white and red off-shoulder blazer with green eyes and short shiny brown hairs till her shoulders, looking like a model with the help of her tall height.

She shoved me off, "I don't wanna talk to maids anymore, I better go to his office."

"Rhea baby!" Jannabai called her when she turned on her heels, "She is not the maid, she is our bahu sa, Kunwar sa's wife."

Rhea met my eyes with her mouth slightly open in disbelief, "She?" She asks her, indicating at me, "Karan's wife?" She chuckles, "I can't believe Karan has such bad taste, how can he marry a village girl instead of- anyway." 

"Rhea baby, respect her, she Is your bhabhi sa." Janna bai says in the favor of me. Means Rhea is Karan's sister? And no one told me about her, why? 

"No, Janna ma, it's fine," I move to Rhea, " Finish your sentence, instead of who?"

She seems to be a little off guard by my question, "Instead of...Instead of a modern educated girl who at least has a sense of fashion in clothes."  

"Like you? Who doesn't even know how to talk to elders and how to wear proper clothes like a woman not like someone who wants to attract a man to gawk at her body, see the shoulder of your top that is low enough that even if you bent down everyone can see your everything." I taunted her.

"Don't you dare to judge me by my clothes, you villager!"

"Exactly. We should not judge anyone by their clothes because it can only show what the person is wearing, not their character." 

Her mouth shut down, and Jannabai silently giggled at my words.

"I am sorry, I had no plans to taunt you but this was the only way to show you," I added.

Shaking her head in skepticism, she made her way out, I stopped her, "Rhea, also I apologize on behalf of Karan sa, he must have forgotten to invite you but tomorrow evening is our reception party, and you are invited."

"Thanks!" She says but not in a grateful way and vanishes in her car.

"That was cool, bahu sa," Jannabai said, happily, walking to me.

"No, Janna ma, I am not feeling well by what I said to her."

"Don't feel guilty, she has grown up, spoiled, so someone must have to show her the mirror. she deserves it."

"If you say, but why Maa sa or anyone didn't mention about her before?" I inquire.

"She is Kunwar sa's stepsister also he has a stepbrother too, who is a mistake of Thakur sa who once slept with the maid of this house and she got pregnant with his children twice, and if anyone came to know about this, Suryavanshi family got disrespected and hated by their people so to dismiss this matter silently, Thakurain decided that she will bear all the expenses of Rhea and her mother." She explained in a hushed tone. Basically, it's a way to keep their mouth.

And that explains a lot, why she has so much attitude.

"Does Karan sa hates her or something?"

"Not at all, Kunwar sa, Sunny, Kaya baby, and she shares a special bonding but from past few months, Kunwar sa is avoiding her presence almost everywhere, if Rhea and he is at the same party, he will instantly leave the party in the middle, not caring what people will think about him."

"Why is that?" I ask, puzzled.

"I don't know, bahu sa, it's just my observations, they didn't officially utter a word about having an argument that made Kunwar sa hates her but no doubt, he seems to dislike her nowadays." She clarifies.

"Oh-okay, thank you, Janna ma."

I hope I made a good choice by inviting her to our reception then. I don't want to go on Karan's bad side.

"Don't mention."

"We should start preparing for the dinner then," I said, and she nodded in agreement as we went into the kitchen to cook.

_______

Please vote 🌟 and comment on what you think about the story and, and, and, Siya met Rhea finally, and like others, I am also curious to know what is gonna happen next.....Hope in the favor of our female lead.

Plus, if you guys don't get any words then mention them in the comment, I will reply.