9. I can do anything for you

Karan

Daniel's lips curved up in a satisfied smirk, seeing me approaching them, "Can I get my lovely wife back?"

"Sure." He says, giving Adah's hand in mine, I know this jerk was trying to make me jealous after all, he is my best friend and I know him very well.

Yet, I hate the fact that his plan to make me jealous worked, I don't get why I can't see her with someone else. I felt the same sting of jealousy in my heart after a decade when I saw Anjali dancing with a stranger. She also seemed to be happy with him like Adah was with Danny.

That bastard! I regret inviting him!!

He reminds me of her again. I tried my best to forgive her with the time, but time again showed me my past I was running from, from all these years. I promised myself if Anjali can't be my life, no one else will and at this moment, I am feeling like I am breaking my promise, my own words.

Except for her, no one deserves my heart, my love. I will keep my words no matter what.

~~~

Siya

"Karan sa?" I called him, he was so busy in his thoughts that he didn't notice the pain, I am feeling.

"What?" 

"My wrist is hurting." He instantly removed my wrist from his grasp.

I massaged my wrist where he grasps me, tightly, he seems to be very distracted by something yet a sad frown settled on his face.

I don't know what he is thinking so deeply. Also, who is Anjali, does she still mean something to him? The way Daniel mentioned her, seems like Karan and she was in a relationship that too in a serious one.

"Hii Adah, and Karan!" Rhea said, waving her hand in our direction.

"Hey Rhea, I am glad you come!" I replied, taking her in a quick hug.

"Do you girls know each other?" Karan asked, puzzled.

"Yes. She is the one who invited me or the one whom I thought family has treated me like an outsider." She taunts Karan.

He replies, rolling her eyes, " Whatever you wanna say, I don't care."

"Soon, you will."

Jannabai was right about it, Karan dislikes Rhea's presence, he already seems to be pissed enough just by seeing her. 

"Karen bro!" Kaya called out, "I am glad I found you all here."

"Why?" We ask in unison.

"It's time for dinner and we were waiting for you and Bhabhi sa." She tells us.

"We are coming," Karan said as we walked towards the dining table, Maa sa and Thakur sa already started having food with some other guests as, throughout the dinner, Karan made social distance with Rhea all the time, avoiding her as much as he can.

Tho, Rhea shared many childhood memories with me, happily, she is not as I assumed at first, she is nice and I am feeling guilty again for saying things to her.

And as the dinner ended, we also ended up being friends, everyone seems to be pleased with how everything went.

Eventually, the party ended up at midnight, guests once again congratulated us and left. We also went to our rooms, hella exhausted.

"Who told you to invite her?!" Karan asked in a furious voice as we entered the room.

"No one, she came home, complaining that we didn't invite her to our marriage so at least, she deserves to come to our reception party," I answered, sensing a knot in my stomach. 

He closed his eyes, totally pissed off at me, "I purposely didn't send her an invitation card, because I don't want her near me, near us or our family." He explains, trying to make his voice calmer as he can but failing.

"But why, she seems nice-" he cuts me off.

"She is not how you guessed her and you have no right to know anything about it, it's my personal matter!"

"No, you can't say that! I am your wife and I have all rights to know everything!" I exclaimed, forgetting what my mom told me at bidaai that never go against your husband.

"Wife?" He chuckles, " When you become my wife? I didn't even touch you yet, our marriage is nothing more than a compromise to me, and a deal only to see a smile on my mother's face. She wanted this, that's why we are married, or else I would have never married to a low-class girl like you!" He shouted, I flinched back at his words.

"Karan sa, if this is a compromise to you then, on the other hand, it is a responsibility to me, whether you love me or not, I am your wife in everyone's eyes already and I will do anything to win your heart," I responded, coldly.

"That's it!" He dragged me to the balcony, "You wanna win my heart?" I slightly nodded, "do you know how to win it?" I shook my head, "By sleeping on the cold marble floor tonight."

I looked at him, shocked, "What?"

"You are my wife and every wife must listen to her husband, it's your responsibility, no?" 

Tears formed in my eyes, I don't get if he is joking, testing me, or really expecting me to do what he said.

"Yes, It's my responsibility and I will do it." My lumped voice came out as a whisper.

"Good." His lips curve up in an evil smile. He gets back into the room, locking the window of the balcony in the process, leaving me here to sleep tonight. Wiping off the tears from my eyes, I laid on the cold floor, under the cold winds of winter.
_______

Vote and comment......and next chapter is totally based on Karan....so don't curse him for what he made Siya do.