40. At one condition

Daniel

My flight finally landed back on the ground after 17 fucking hours, I hate long journeys especially when I want to reach somewhere fast. Thankfully, I quickly got a cab which lightens up my frustrated mood to the hotel where Anjali currently staying, she sent me the address soon after I told her that I am coming over there to meet her, she didn't deny me which I thought she will, instead she thanked me and hung up.

I have been here recently for Karan's reception but at that time I was just way too happy for him and now too worried, he is stubborn to forgive and help Anjali I don't know why his ego, attitude always comes up, why can't he just let go of his past and being a human again than a heartless devil.

"We are here, Sir, " The driver spoke, Indicating at the hotel in front of me. It was one of the most massive and lavish hotels I have been to.

I nodded, paying him his fair share, I immediately made my way to the hotel reception, finding a cute receptionist who was smiling at me.

"Hello, Sir, how may I help you?" She asks, I snapped my thoughts, this is not the time to hit on a girl, C'mon, Daniel!

"I want to meet Mrs. Ajali Rai, " She gave me a slight nod at my request as she processed something on her computer before calling someone. They talked in Hindi as she looked back at me, putting down the phone.

"She is room no. 304, " 

"Thank you, " With that, I instantly took the elevator as I stepped outside the 3rd floor, wandering towards the right side, I promptly found it. I inhaled a deep breath before knocking on the door.

Why am I getting nervous?!

I heard the footsteps approaching the door, with a slight thump it opened, revealing Anjali with a big smile on her face but it suddenly lessened as she began to find Karan with me, but I noticed some scars around her face and near shoulders as well.

"He's not with me, "I spoke her thoughts aloud, she looked at me, surprised as she nodded in understanding.

"Come, " She said, allowing me. I walked inside her room, it was a one-bedroom apartment to be real, "It's very stupid of me to expect Karan after what happened, no?" She spoke, guiltily.

I shook my head, facing her, "No, but Karan still hasn't moved on completely, " I told her as her eyes lowered in shame, fidgeting with her fingers.

"It means he hates me, right?" She asked, chuckling, "I deserve his all hate, anyway, "

I sighed, "It's nothing like that, he still cares for you but you are aware of his ego, it always comes at the wrong time, " I tried to make her feel better but I knew nothing is gonna work at the moment.

She nodded in concession, I continued, "So what was the help you needed?" As soon as I finished my question I heard a sweet yet cute voice from behind me.

"Mama, I want mango juice, " I turned around to see the owner of the voice and to my surprise, it was a cutie little girl in the pink dress just like a doll.

"Esha, you just drank that, " Anjali replies with slight anger.

I looked at them, questionably, "Who is he, Mama?" that little girl asked before me.

I chuckled at her cuteness, "This supposed to be my question, " Even though I knew she is Anjali's daughter.

"Well, Danny, meet my daughter Eshani and Esha say hi to uncle Daniel, "

I met my gaze with her little ones who were having many questions in her mind and the most common was written all over her face, 'Why would I say hi to him' one.

So I began, " Hey, Sweety, you got a beautiful name, " 

When she didn't respond and just stared at me, sucking her mini fingers in the process. I glanced over Anjali for help, who gestured to her to at least thank me for the compliment. I smiled trying to be more friendly than usual.

"Thanks, " And then she instantly changed the topic, ignoring me, "But, Mama I want another one, you know I love mangoes, "

"No, Esha, you already-" I stopped Anjali, indicating to her to let me handle the situation. She gave me a short nod, permitting me, smiling.

I leaned down at Esha's height, "I will buy you whatever you wanna drink and eat, " She immediately switched her attention from her Mama to me.

"Really?" She questions, showing her broken front teeth in amusement.

I nodded, confirming her, "Yes, but at one condition, " 

She gazes at me, puzzled, "What?"

"How about you and I become good friends first?" I asked, trying my best to hide the teasing smile that was threatening to come on my lips.

She presses her lips in thought, "Yes, but then you have to buy toys as well, "

I almost burst into a fit of laughter at her sweet blackmailing condition, "Esha-" I raised my hand, stopping Anjali from scolding her.

"Deal. " I said as she gave me her pinky finger, I raised my brow in confusion.

She asked, "Promise?"

Oh my goodness! I am gonna melt right away, "Promise, " I let out, laughing.

"So can we go now?" She questions excitedly.

But before I could reply, Anjali interrupts, "Not now, baby, he's here to talk about something important to Mama, " She explains.

She flashes a sad look, "Don't worry, angel, I always keep my promise, " I stated, her face soon lifts in a grin.

"Okay,"

"Go inside, Esha, " Anjali told her, she nodded and ran back to the room.

"So…where were we?" I asked.

"Daniel…actually, Esha is…" She trails not able to finish her statement.

"What happened?"

"She is Karan's daughter, "

I swear, I didn't believe the words that left her mouth. My jaw was dropped somewhere on the floor and my eyes went super wide.

"What?!"