26. Why are you behaving like this

Vishal

"Karan sir, did you call me?" I asked as I stepped into his office.

He was looking at the papers and his secretary Rena was awkwardly standing next to him, she smiled at me, sweetly as I mirrored her expression.

"Yes, if you don't mind, can you bring a file from my home? I forgot to bring it with me." He asks, nicely.

"Of course, sir,"

"Here's the address. I will notify my wife, she will give you." He handed me a small note.

"Sure, I will be right back with that file, don't worry," I said and made my way towards his house.

~~~

Siya

I've been zone out, I've no idea what is going to happen, how Vishal is going to react, and how Karan will counter when he will know about my past.

I dropped my head in my hand, I can't tell the truth to any one of them even if I want, it's just going to hurt everyone and I don't want to do something as Adah did.

She is very courageous and smart enough to make decisions for herself, I wish she wouldn't have run away, I wouldn't be here in the first place.

I wonder if her risk of running away would have been worth it? Is she living the life she desired unlike me?

I sighed sadly.

When a phone call from Karan snapped my thoughts up, 'Hello?' I responded to the call.

'Hey, Adah, you woke up?'

'Yes, Karan sa, just now,' I replied.

'Okay, I wanted to inform you that my manager will come home to take an important file which you'll get in the living room's drawer, please hand it to him.' He told me.

'Sure, Karan sa.'

'Thanks.' He said and hung up the phone.

The doorbell rang, it must be that manager, I stood up from the couch and opened the door, finding Sunny was there, he is home soon than usual.

When he looked at me, he didn't smile, just stared at my face blankly as he entered the house, his silence sent a chill inside of me.

"Hey, Sunny you are home soon." I tried to start a conversation, he furrowed his brows.

"Yes, Bhabhi sa, My exam finished soon so..." He replies, dryly.

"What's wrong? Why are you behaving like this?" I asked, startled.

"Behaving like what?" He questions back.

"Like strangers," I said and moved a few steps back, creating a good distance between us.

"Ohh so am I the one who becomes a stranger?" He says, confusing me.

"What do you mean?"

"Don't play innocent, Bhabhi sa, I mean, Siya I know the truth already." He came forward, "So you better tell me the rest of it." I gaped at him, shocked yet frightened this wasn't I except, how he knows my real name?!

"Nonsense, What are you talking about?!" I shouted, trying to control myself.

"I am talking about your love affair with Vishal!" He hissed.

My sights were already wet by tears, I gulped down in fear, "Sunny, it's nothing like you assumed, Vishal is just my friend-" he cut me off.

"Friend?" He chuckled darkly, " Then what about your name?"

"Please, I can explain..." I trailed.

He shot me a glare, nodding, "Start." He told me as I ended up explaining everything to him from how Adah ran away from this marriage and how I have to take her place, hiding my identity in the process. He listened to me carefully.

"I loved Vishal, we were childhood friends but believe me, it's nothing, everything is over."

He sighed heavily, pinching his eyes together tightly, processing my story, "So you mean to say it's just coincidence that he's here."

I shake my head in yes, "But how do you come to know about us?" I asked.

"I met Vishal in the gift shop where we went that day for shopping, I mistakenly broke the gift he bought for you that time I wasn't aware that that gift is for you, we fought and he angrily walked out of the shop as I met him for the second time, in our company's cafe where I came to know about his identity, " He told me the rest of the story, "And he said he's going to give this as a proposed gift to his girlfriend Siya and when I saw the same peacock statue in the morning In our house, I understand that it's you."

"Sunny-" I got cut off by a door knock.

"who could be it?" He mumbles.

"It must be the manager, Karan sa told me, he's coming home to take some file," I said when Sunny stopped me.

"Manager...? Oh no! Bhabhi sa, go and hide in the room."

"What?"

"Right now!" He said and I instantly made my way to the room, I don't know what he's doing but I felt the genuineness in his tone that I couldn't avoid.

"Sunny?" A familiar voice halted me.

"Vishal...hey bro! What's up?" Sunny replied, cheerfully, covering up his frustrated voice.

"I am here for the file..." Vishal is the manager? And that's why Sunny told me to hide.

"Yeah, come inside."

"So how are you doing?" Vishal asks.

"I am good and you?"

"Fine too, "

"Glad to know, here's the file. Do you want to stay for coffee or something?" Sunny asks.

"No, I am getting late but next time, bye."

"Bye." I slowly came downstairs when I heard the footsteps of Vishal going out.

Sunny looks up at me, this time with relief and concern, "Thank you." I said with a smile, he just nodded And walked past me.

"Sunny?"

"Relax, Bhabhi sa, I won't tell anything to Karan bro." That is all he said with a smile before vanishing straight into his room.