13. Shirt

Siya

When we arrived home, I decided to take a bath first and I ran upstairs, after taking the shower, I wore my pajamas and came out of the bathroom, finding Karan packing the suitcases. Hearing the bathroom door shut, his head swift towards me. 

"You are home."

"You are home." We both spoke at the same time, making the statement sound like an echo around the room.

"Yes, I came back home early to pack our bags, and what about you?" He responded first.

"I came half an hour ago and was taking shower, so where are we going?" I questioned.

"Ohh, I didn't notice you, anyway we are going to Bangalore for some company related-work." He answered.

"Okay."

The last time when we spoke it didn't go well. Is he still upset with me?

"I packed our clothes and we have a flight in the evening so take some rest till then." He added, closing the zips of the bags.

"Thanks," I said, and he left, not saying anything back. He seems like he is upset, Sighing, I made my way over the couch as sleep soon blurred my eyes.

I woke up with the voice of Karan and Maa sa talking loudly, more likely arguing about something, I quickly rushed to the living room to see what was wrong.

"Karan, try to understand, I am okay and your work is important-" Karan cuts her off.

"Maa, I am not going anywhere and that's final, how many times should I have to remind you that nothing is more important to me than you!" He yells back with frustration that for a moment scared me.

"Karan," she was about to reply to him before her eyes turned to me, "Dear, thank God, you came at the right time, explain something to Karan."

Karan stopped me even before I began, "Adah, don't you dare try to explain anything to me, I have made up my mind already." 

"Okay, Karan sa but can anyone explain to me what this argument is about?" I ask, they shoot me a glance with annoyance roaming over their faces as Karan starts to speak.

"Maa has cancer of the last stage, she has vomited blood several times yet she even refused to seek any medical help so how can I go to Bangalore leaving her in this state?!" He specified, furiously.

"Maa sa, Karan sa is right, I agree with him, we can't leave you like this," I said, he smiled at my words whereas Maa sa flashed me a glare.

"You both are not understanding." She trails.

"And I also think the same," Thakur sa spoke, crossing his hands over his chest.

"Dad-" he cuts him off, raising his hand to stop him.

"No Karan, your mother is right here, and come to talk about her health, we will look after her, think about your sister Rhea, she needs help in managing the company there."

I swear I saw Karan cursing under his breath, hiding the disappointment he got by his dad's statement.

"Yes, Karan bro, I will take care of Mom, you both should leave, your flight is in an hour," Kaya spoke.

He annoyingly yet thoughtfully glances at them and sighed defeated, "But, if anything happens I will quickly return home not caring about any work doesn't matter how important it is." He states as Maa sa flashed him a grin.

~~~~

We touched down in Bangalore late at night, and during the entire trip, he didn't utter a word to me neither did I get any courage to ask him anything, I can feel that he is preparing himself mentally to face Rhea already. I am wondering what the matter is between them?