36. don't worry

Siya 

Sunny, Karan, and I decided to stay here at the hospital tonight with Maa sa for her health check-ups. Whereas Thakur sa and Kaya went home to rest. As we are now sitting in the private hospital room that Karan told the hospital staff to arrange for Maa sa, cos he doesn't want any kind of disturbance.

"Next check-up will be tomorrow and after that, you can take your mother home, " That doctor told Karan, standing at the entrance of the room, "But make sure to give your mother the tablets I prescribed, it will give her energy, " He added, handing Karan a paper.

"Sure, Doctor, " Karan said as the doctor left, giving him a slight nod.

"Another list of medicine?" Sunny asks when Karan turns in our direction.

"Unfortunately, yes, " Karan replied.

"I am worried about the number of medicines Mom needs to take, they are enough to fill her stomach that no place will be left for food, " Sunny tried to make it sound sarcastic but failed as it ended up sounding sad and worried.

"I know, I always told Maa to have meds and treatment on time, but no, she will never listen to me! " Karan spoke, angrily.

"Anyway, bro, it's no use to think about this right now, give me the list, I will buy them from the pharmacy, " Sunny said, getting up from the chair.

"No, don't worry I will grab them, " Karan told him.

"No, Bro you don't need to worry about anything, I will do it, give me, " 

"I said no, Sunny!" Karan's voice made Maa sa almost wake up from sleep as she just turned around to the other side.

"Shh!" I shushed them, "Why don't you both go and buy them, I will stay here with Maa sa and If I need anything I will call you, " I told them.

They shared a look before nodding to me and left.

~~~

Karan

Sunny was right when he said that Mom needs to have medicines more than food. I am more furious than worried about it because it's my fault. I have to force Mom in the first place. If I had done that she wouldn't be here. I can't believe that I listened to her.

Anyway, Sunny and I came down to the hospital lobby where a small pharmacy is located. Gladly, we didn't need to go out on a cold night to get them.

"By the way, Karan bro did you and bhabhi sa were swimming last night?" He questioned, I didn't know that he observed us.

"Sort of," I said.

He giggled, "Romantic, but After that matter, I thought you will harm her, " Sunny spoke in a serious tone as he added a chuckled, "But whatever I am glad,"

"No, Sunny, I admit I have a bad temper but I won't hurt Adah for what Rohan did, " I countered, he shot me a look as he said.

"You knew it was Rohan, didn't you?" He asks and I could sense the calmness and anger both at the same time in his voice, "I still can't believe that Rohan literally will go this down, that too with Bhabhi sa, " He added with a bit of frustration.

He wasn't aware that at what level both Rhea and Rohan can go to, and after I sensed the danger from their side towards Adah and me, I am afraid if I'd done something to Rohan that night, Rhea could have taken advantage of it and used it against me as a weapon. But if I think calmly at what Adah told me that even if I agreed to this relationship with Rhea, Mom, and Dad will never allow this and I am sure, Rhea herself is very much aware of that fact and still, she is willing to take the risk?

Why am I sensing something more dangerous than I am assuming it would be, she can hurt mom and dad too, no? I am afraid that it is more possible.

"Bro, you should have to punch Rohan's nose at his dirty deed, " Sunny said with gritted teeth, snapping my thoughts.

"Rohan will surely get punished for what he has done but Everything has a time and place, Sunny, " I stated, coldly as Sunny shook his head.

"I expected more from Rohan, "

"Don't boil your blood, Sunny, pharmacy is here, " I said, handing the list to the girl behind the counter, she reads it and gives me a nod, telling me to wait a minute.

Suddenly as we were walking, my steps halted as I sneezed hard and then a few more times.

"Woah, bro, I thought you swam too much, " Sunny joked, "You need a check-up as well, "

"No, I am totally fine, " And I finished the line again with a sneeze.

"I can see how fine you are, bro, " 

"Stop it, Kid, I am okay, "

"No, you are not, "

"I said-" I was about to argue when Sunny told that girl to get medicine for fever as well, I sighed and stayed silent, annoyingly.

After we did buy all the things, we walked back to Mom's room when suddenly I got a call from a foreign number.

"Who could it be?" I mumbled, answering the call.

"Hey Karan," I gasped in shock at the unexpected familiar stupid voice.

"Daniel?"