37. I ain't gonna help

Karan

"Daniel, what the heck, man?!" I almost laughed hearing his unexpected voice.

"Did you miss me?" He asks, cooing.

"You aren't the childhood memories that I will miss you, " I mocked him.

I felt that he rolled his eyes through the phone, "Still, I was part of them, "

I chuckled, "And I still regret it, "

"Whatever, " He says In a duh tone, "But ain't you gonna ask me why I call you for?"

"Ain't you gonna tell me anyway even if I don't ask?"

"I will because it's sorta important, " He says, suddenly changing his friendly yet frank voice which turns into a low like he is a bit worried.

"If it's about business and investments, then this is not the right time-" He cut me off.

"I know, and it's not about that, okay? First, tell me where are you right now?" He asked as I raised my brow at his sudden question, he is not a person who is so hurried to know my location, in fact, he doesn't even care then why out of a sudden?

"I am at the hospital, " I replied anyway, sliding my questions away for now.

"What why?!" 

"You know Danny, my mom's health is getting worse because of cancer and suddenly, it became too bad so we have to admit her, " I explained.

He sighed over the phone, sadly, "I am very sorry If I knew earlier-" I cut him off this time.

"Save your sympathy for later, Dan, tell me the matter, " I said, getting to the point, it's not like I am being rude to his kind expected gesture but I hate playing beating behind the bush thing especially when I am in no mood of actually talking to someone even if that person is my best friend and I am pretty sure, he is also aware of my this type of behavior, 'perk of staying in friendship from almost 11 years.'

"Right, I got a call, " He trailed.

"From who?" I ask, confusingly, not understanding why he is telling me this.

"Of.Huh.Actually, Umm, " He was hesitating to speak out.

"Dan, what's wrong? What is it about?"

Now, I am officially worried and already getting an awful feeling even before he said anything.

"Dude, I swear, I didn't know it's just that It happened, out of the blue she called me after many years, " With that he stopped, unable to say further.

"Danny, "

"I know, it will sound awkward, she had to call you instead of me but try to understand, "

"Dan-"

"But she needs our help more likely yours, please look I don't know exactly know but it's like she is in trouble, "

Now, this is getting super confusing to me to get him, I am positive this guy needs a mental check-up, "Danny!" I exclaimed at him, "What the fuck is wrong with you, Man?! Just get straight to the point, who called you and whom you are talking about?!"

"Anjali," Was all he said, getting silent allowing me to process the name he let out from his silly mouth, "Anjali called me, " He cleared more for me.

I remained silent, not even wanting to wrap my head around his words, I didn't even want to think about her in the first place, she left me years ago like I was nothing to her, and now after many years of our breakup, she called Danny to reach me? How ironic.

He continued when I didn't let out a word, he knew, I am still on call even If I haven't responded to his states, "She called me like an hour ago, she wanted your contact number and said she is in trouble and only you can help her get through this, " 

"Karan bro, are you alright?" Sunny's voice, snaps my thoughts away, "You seem disturbed, " He added, frowning. I must be lying if I say I knew he was standing right next to me, hearing me getting angry.

I sighed, trying to calm myself first before, speaking, "I am fine, Sunny, you go to Adah and Maa, I will follow you soon after I am done with the call, " I simply told him, his face was showing that he wanted to ask me many questions but he decided not to urge over it as he nodded and left, taking the pack of meds from me.

"I know, Karan, this all is very hard for you to process, but she was sounding genuine-" I cut Danny off, furiously as soon as Sunny disappears from my sights.

"Genuine?" I repeated with a profound disgust in my voice with the touch of a dreadful chuckle, "She and Genuine? I can't fit them in a single line, Danny, even if one percent she was aware of what that word meant, she never had done this to me, " 

"Dude, you are angry, think with your calm mind, besides she needs your help so there must be something we need to look into before it gets far away from our hand, " He said, really expecting me to help her, to help a cheater, a heart breaker.

Never…!

"Danny, If you are really craving that much into helping her, then go ahead and do it happily, and remember that your existence wouldn't matter to me anymore if I ever heard anything about her from your mouth again, " With that, I hang up, irritated yet super furious.