43. Sorry, Was in hurry

Karan

I immediately run downstairs to meet that bastard, he has so much to explain, and his sudden arrival has already given birth to so many questions in my brain.

"Danny?" I called out as he was busy checking my house. He smiled, noticing me.

"Hey, Karan, " He says, getting up from the couch to greet me.

"What the hell are you doing here?" My question makes him flinch for a moment.

"I was here to meet your mother, you were sounding depressed on the call so thought to visit you, " He replied, putting his hands in his pocket, annoyingly.

I closed my eyes to let my stupidity stay inside of me, "I am sorry, Danny, I thought you- anyway, " I thought he was here to talk about Anjali, I didn't realize I have become so mean these days.

"Well, how's she doing?" He asks, changing the topic.

"Bad," was all I could reply, walking towards him, "Her health is getting worse day by day, "

He nodded, smiling at me, "Don't worry, she'll be alright, I am here with you," I didn't expect the last line that came out from his mouth after my bit of rude behavior.

"Don't give me that hang-up look, Man, I am your best friend at the end of the day, No?"

We both laughed, taking each other in a small embrace, "Thanks for coming, Dan, I appreciate it, " 

"No problem, "

"Daniel?" Adah's voice snapped our attention on her, she was coming downstairs along with Rhea whose face was saying something else hence she covered it with a fake grin.

"Hey, Adie!" My head instantly moved towards Danny in confusion, did he just call my wife Adie?! He matches my eyes before quickly turning it back to Adah to avoid my slight anger.

Literally?

"Nice to see you after days, " Adah said, grinning.

"Same here, Adie-"I stepped on his feet as he rapidly changed the name again, "I mean Adah, " He lets out along with a short whine, faking the smile out of pain.

"It's fine, you can call me Adie, " She says, wondering towards us, I shoot a look at Danny as he gulps in fear.

"No, Adah sounds much better, "

She glances at him, confused, "If you say,"

"By the way, who's this beauty?" Danny asked, indicating at Rhea, who was standing silently, observing us.

She beams, "Ohh so you guys finally noticed me, huh?" She taunts, rolling her eyes, and who cares?

"Of course not, Darling but patching up with besties is a priority," Danny says, winking at her as he was going on her way before I pulled him back.

"She is married, Dan, and mother of two, also for your information she is my sister, " I stated, not wanting to give him any other ideas, catching the angry dead glares Rhea flashed me when I called her my sister.