19. S-Sir?

Rena (Karan's Secretary)

I was a bit upset by the fact that Karan sir didn't invite me with him to Bangalore but yesterday night, I got his call and he wanted my presence as fast as possible which worried me.

Since the day he married he is very bothered by something, is it related to his wife? If in any way, what I am guessing is true then he would be with me like he used to when he was single.

I wonder what it could be?

Anyway, I am in a taxi and on my way to Karan sir's office, it's my first day in the new city so he won't mind if I get a bit late.

My phone rang in my hand, it's him, "Good morning, sir." I greeted.

"Good morning, where are you?" He asked.

"On the way, Sir, I will be there in 30 minutes or it can take more, I can't say." I honestly said.

"Alright." With that, he hung up.

I was about to put my phone down when I got another call from an unknown number, now who is this?

"Hello?"

"Hello, Rena?" A woman's voice replied.

"Yes, that's me, do I know you miss?"

"Of course, you do, It's Rhea."

"Ohh Rhea Ma'am, I am sorry I didn't recognize you, did you change your call number?"

"Yeah something like that anyway, where are you?"

Why are both brother and sister asking me this?

"Just on the way to Karan sir's office."

"Okay, can we meet?"

"Yes, after office-" She cut me off.

"No, I want to meet you right now."

"I am sorry, it's not possible, Karan sir will scold me if I show up late."

"It's very important, and don't worry, I won't take your time, I will text you the address."

"Okay? Sure."

Vishal

I came to the office, Irritated by yesterday's accident. I decided to give some flowers and chocolates to Siya instead of an expensive gift that I can afford from my remaining salary. But I don't know why she didn't reply to my message yet, is she that upset with me?

Once I meet her I will explain to her my situation and I am sure she will understand. Tho, I know she is too kind to forgive me.

I went to the office cafe where I saw that Sunny guy again, he was walking so casually as he owns the place. Fool.

I ignored him and wandered to the food counter, I don't want to ruin my mood coz of him, "One veg sandwich." I ordered.

"One chicken burger, and one coke, " He spoke next to me, tapping his fingers on the glass counter while singing an English song, irritating me more, he seems to be completely unbothered by my presence.

"Do you have some kind of problem with me?" I asked, taking his attention on me.

He raised his brow, "No, why?" 

"Because wherever I go, you came there to ruin my mood." 

"Vice Versa. I'll be honest, I didn't even notice you, Brother," He said, grinning.

"It's Vishal, you idiot, and who allowed you to enter here in the first place?"

"No one, I don't need anyone's permission to be here."

I groaned in frustration, "You know, I can put you behind the bars for breaking into a private company." I threatened him to show he can't use his bossy careless attitude around me.

"And who are you to do that?" He asked in a challenging way.

"Manager of this company."

"Ohh really?"

"Yes, so you better get lost before I call the securities." 

He raised his hands above in the air, defeated as he left after taking the burger and coke with him.

Karan

I don't understand how much time it will take Rena to be here. I called her a couple of hours back. I don't want her to show up after Rhea. If she sees me here she will start another drama that I can't deal with.

I sat on my chair, trying to focus on my work instead of thinking too much, "Vishal, can you bring the stock files?" I told him on call, just then Sunny showed up.

"Hey, Karan bro!" He called my name, chewing the burger in the process.

"Hey, Sunny, What's up?"

"Just came to check on you and give you this." He handed me the small bag.

"What is this?" I asked, taking it from his hand.

"Food, bhabhi sa, packed it for you because you left without having breakfast, and also last night you didn't even eat dinner." He explained, "Bhabhi sa is very thoughtful, no?" 

I nodded, "Yes, She is. Thanks for the food." I told him.

"Don't mention, so...is everything okay?" He asked.

"Yes, absolutely fine, " I replied, "Now if you're done, you can go, " 

He gave me a bored look.

"So soon? I just arrived." He said, sipping his coke.

"Okay, you can stay," He smiled happily, "But without uttering a sound." As his smile falls.

"Then, I should just roam around." He was about to leave when Vishal entered.

"Sir, here's your-" He suddenly stopped seeing Sunny in front of him.

"Hii." Sunny greeted him with a bright smile.

"You!"

"It seems like you guys know each other," I spoke, a matter of fact.

"Not really, we just met twice, Karan bro," Sunny answered, smirking.

"Okay, Vishal, This is Sunny my little brother, and Sunny-" He cut me off.

"Vishal, Your manager." He completed.

"Yes."

"Nice to meet you, Vishal."

"Pleasure is mine, S-Sir." He said, puzzled.

"No worries, see you in the evening, Karan bro. Bye," He said and left after giving Vishal a wink that I don't get.