57. Same fate

Karan

She nodded slowly, "Yes, you can say, " she says brightly, I wanted to hug her when a voice interrupted us.

"I hope I am not bothering you both, " Anjali spoke, wandering towards us. I averted my gazes.

"Oh, no you are not, " Adah replies, and I rolled my eyes with a small sigh of frustration.

"Mood ruiner, " I mumbled under my breath addressing Anjali, I wanted to spend some more with Adah since we were alone but no, someone has to ruin our time in some way.

"If you don't mind, can I steal Karan for a few minutes?" She asks Adah, she glanced at me and then back at her.

"Sure, " Adah said, turning towards me as she mouthed, 'Please try to be nice to her' while flashing me her puppy eyes and left, leaving me alone with her. Anjali has so many reasons to steal my happiness away from me.

"Hey, Karan, " She starts the conversation after getting ignored by me for 3 straight minutes.

"What is it?" I directly questioned.

"I...umm, thanks for saving me today, " She trails off, glimmering a smile.

I nodded my head, "No worries, but I don't you to be in the dark thinking I was there to save you, whatever, I did was only for Danny and Esha, " I said, noticing her face fall.

She kept her sadness hidden and plastered a smile, "Still, if you haven't had come, I couldn't imagine what consequences we had to face, "

"Don't imagine then, " I told her.

"I am sorry for everything, " She says in a low voice. I shot her a glance in annoyance, "I should have to tell you earlier, "

"But you haven't cus you never trusted me enough, " I told her, slightly pissed off.

She shook her head in no, "It's nothing like that, Karan, I trusted you more than anything it's just that...."

"You were scared of your parents and that bastard Marc." I finished for her.

She nodded in agreement, "I was stupid, "

"I know, "

"Can you ever forgive me?" She asks with teary eyes.

"You are already forgiven, "