10. Dad!

Karan

Last night, I wasn't able to sleep, dang, I am not sleeping properly since the day I got married, and on top of that that Rhea the bitch didn't leave any chances to flirt with me at the party, surely everyone has ignored it because they don't know her true self and they still think us like siblings. Yet I made sure, to stay far away from her, she is worse than Corona.

Whatever, I shouldn't have to punish Adah, I knew it wasn't her fault, but my anger controlled me, anyone has done this only if they were in her place, even me too.

Someone knocked on the door, I stood up and opened it, a butler was standing there, "I am sorry to bother you, Kunwar sa, but Thakur sa has requested your presence at the office in an hour." He told me, I glanced at the watch, shit! It's 10 already?!

"I will be there on time, " I replied, dismissing him.

I went to the bathroom and freshen up, sliding myself into the business suit, I picked up some document, and before making my way out, I peek at my sleeping kitty who snuggled against the bed to prevent herself from cold, yesterday night, when I get into my senses, I ran out to check on her, only to find her, cracking her teeth, on the floor. I lifted her up and gently placed her on the bed, rubbing her cold feet and hands until they became warm enough, she slowly fell asleep in my arms. I almost fell asleep next to her, but couldn't, remembering what I did to her.

But, I felt something in my heart when she said, 'I can do anything to win your heart'. I wonder if she really sticks to her words or just says out of emotion? I have to take her test then to find out.

I walked towards her, placing the blanket on her body, she mumbled in her sleep, "thanks for this, I am feeling warmer now."

I gleaned at her cuteness. I left a small kiss on her forehead. "No doubt," she muttered again but I couldn't hear her cause that same butler spoke at the same time.

"Kunwar sa, your car is ready." I should show myself to dad first or else, he kept ordering butlers to disturb my peace.

"On my way," I replied and left the room.

Discovering my laws were there in the living room, talking to Mom. What are they doing here?

"Hello, Karan son, how are you doing?" Adah's dad Kamal Ji asked me, smiling.

"I am great, you say."

"We are fine."

"So, are you here to meet your daughter?" I inquired, guessing.

"Yes, more likely, we are here to take her back home for a couple of days." He explains.

I nodded to them, "Nice."

"Karan bro is going to miss Bhabhi sa." Sunny and Kaya sang in unison.

"Zip your lips, kids, and Kaya ain't you have college today?"

"Yes, I have, and bro, can you drop me on the way, I am too late already." She replied.

This lazy girl. "Yes, come and Sunny just because you got a few days of vacation doesn't mean you will waste it," I stated.

"No, I won't."

Kaya said bye to them and hopped in the car. After dropping her at the college, I arrived at the office, Dad was sitting in my cabin, waiting for me.

"Good morning, dad." I greeted, showing my presence to him.

"Subh Prabha, come in." He said in his typical Indian dad tone.

I sat on the couch of my office in front of him, he looked at me sternly, "What was so urgent, dad?" I asked.

"Just because you are newly married and you should spend more time with your wife, that's why I am not going to scold you for coming late but don't make it a habit whether it's urgent or not, always come on time."

And whether you accept it or not, dad, you just scolded yet even taunted me for coming late anyway.

"I will make sure."

"Good, now I requested you here because I want you to go and check on our Bangalore's company." He says.

"Bangalore one? Which is under Rhea?" I asked, disbelieving.

"Yeah, why are you shocked?"

"I am not shocked." Just angry with the fact that I have to endure her again.

"Some things are not going right there at the company so she wanted someone to manage it in the absence of her presence and especially after she has become a mother for the second time." He explains.

"That was two years back, and she has hired a nanny to look after her kids. Still, why is she not handling the company properly?!"

He shoves me, "I don't know about that, and either way, I want someone smart to look over the problems deeply." Though, he somehow concedes that Rhea is stupid.

After that, he explained to me every single detail of that company in detail as I forgot everything else and just listened to him, carefully.

"Right, I get it," I said.

He nodded, "Vishal Solanki who is the current manager there, will welcome you to the company later on."

"Okay. I should leave for Bangalore in a week then."

"Yes, take Adah with you as well, at least, you two will get some time with each other and I will get to see my grandchildren ." He says, smirking.

I shook my head, hiding my blushing face, "Dad!"

______

Double update cause I already wrote this chapter a while ago and my hands were aching to post it, let me know in the comments what you guys think, and don't forget to voteeeeee!