part 12

Veronica pov

I need to get Betty out of her house. I somehow didn't know she was being abused all this time but now that I know I have to do something.

It's all starting to come together. Why she hates loud noises and people raising there voice even when it's not at her.

How she gets scared easily and hates the dark. I always just assumed that she was just sensitive.

But also something I'm dreading I need to take her to hospital. Her arm is looking like it might be broken and she has other injuries.

She hates hospitals though and I don't want to take her because she's gonna be so scared but I have to.

I won't stop worrying if I don't take her.

I also need to inform the boys I mean they are her caregivers after all.

But I won't tell them about the abuse unless Betty is ok with it.

I'm gonna call them tomorrow though as they are shopping today so they are really busy.

However I will call Archie but not right now. Right now I need all of my attention on Betty because she's not gonna be happy about going to hospital.

Veronica:Betty I know your not gonna like this but we gotta go to the hospital I say rubbing her back as she was still cuddled into me.

I feel her tense up and shake her head.

Betty:I'm fine she says trying to convince me.

Although that's the saddest "I'm fine" I've ever heard.

Veronica:your not fine Betty let's just get you checked out ok I'll be with you the whole time I reassure her stroking her hair.

Betty:promise she said taking her head out from my neck and holding her pinky out.

She's so cute.

Veronica:I promise I say and Interlock our Pinky's for a second. We go to stand up but Betty winces on her leg.

I go and pick her up and place her on my hip. She looks at me as if I'm insane.

Betty:I can walk vee put me down she says trying to wiggle out my grip but fails.

Veronica:no Betty I don't want to damage  your leg anymore plus you weigh nothing it's not a problem I say and she doesn't argue knowing she won't win.

The abuse is probably why she doesn't weigh anything they probably don't let her eat.

Speaking of food I need to make sure she eats something later.

I walk us out of Sweetwater river and see my driver waiting for us.

A few people see us but don't think it's weird how I'm holding Betty. They probably just thinks she's my little.

I tell the driver to take me to the hospital and he does.

I see Betty getting scared but I reassure her telling her it will be fine.

Im honestly nervous to but I'm not showing it for Betty's sake. I really hope everything is ok.

After I get her checked out I need to call Archie and tell him.

We get out the car and I pick Betty up again even though she got embarrassed.

I go to the reception and tell her I need a doctor asap.

She nods and gets me to fill out a form and then she tells us what room to go to.

I feel Betty start to shake in my arms when we are walking down the hospital hauls.