part 13

Veronica pov

Whilst Betty is asleep we talk about   random things.

We also talk about the fact we need to get some stuff from Betty's house as she's not going to be living there anymore. Like we need to get her clothes and her bunny stuffed animal and anything else she might want.

Although it needs to be one of us that go because we don't want Betty going back in that house.

But we need to wait until she wakes up so we can talk about it.

She sleeps for about a hour and a half in total before she starts to stir.

After a few seconds she opens her eyes and smiles weekly when she sees us.

But she frowns seeing a cast on her hand as she was obviously asleep.

Betty:I don't want this on she said sadly looking at it.

I feel guilty but I can't just tell the doctor to not put I cast on her.

Veronica:I know but it's broken so you need to have it to make it all better but look it's pink so at least it's pretty I tell her trying to make her feel better and it seems to work as she smiles a bit looking at it.

Betty:is anything else broken she asks looking up at me and I let out a sigh.

Veronica:you have a broken rib and your leg is sprained they also said you might have some nausea from being punched in the stomach I tell her and she nods sadly.

Archie looks so sad looking at Betty and she cringes at his pity face.

Betty: I'm fine Arch she says and gives him a week smile he smiles back softly.

She's so selfless and wants everyone to be happy.

Archie:your literally on a hospital bed and your saying your fine he chuckled sadly.

Betty:I always am and I always will be no matter what happens to me she states.

Veronica:hey betts do you know if your families home or not I asked.

Betty:there not here they went out for the day which is why I got beat in the morning she says and I nod sadly.

Betty:why did you wanna know she asks curiously.

Veronica: because we need to get some things for your house as your not gonna be living there anymore so like clothes and whatever you want I reply

Betty:oh I didn't think about that she says .

Archie:well I can go get your stuff if no one's home do you have your keys he says and she nods pointing to her bag.

Betty:you don't have to do this Arch she says feeling guilty and he chuckled shaking his head.

Archie:honestly Betty it's not that big of a deal now is there anything specific you want and also wheres your room he asks

Betty:I don't have a lot you could probably fit it all in a bag just make sure you definitely get my diaries and bunny and I don't really have a room it's the cupboard under the stairs she says

I feel myself get sad she didn't even have a room.

Archie nods feeling bad for her and soon he leaves.

I get into bed with Betty and cuddle up with her the hospital room actually has a TV so I put friends on. Me and Betty both love that show and it would be better to put something light hearted on.

Archie pov

I arrive at Betty's house and luckily it is completely empty. I get the keys and go inside the house.

It's a fairly big home that probably has loads of rooms and it angers me that Betty's is under the stairs.

I go to the cupboard and open the door.

I immediately notice how small it is I mean Betty is a small person but this wasn't fair.

It was quite cosy but it's not what someone's bedroom should be.

The mattress was very thin and the duvet was also very thin considering how cold it is.

The corner was stacked with all her things so I put them in a bag.

She didn't really have a lot only a few clothes and her diaries also a couple pictures of me her and Veronica so I packed those.

I made sure to get her bunny stuffed animal Veronica got her last Christmas.

And also a couple other gifts that me and Ronnie have gotten her over the years like some other stuffed animals and little bits like that.

Once I got everything that was important I went out and locked the house again.

I got in my car and went to my house to inform my parents that Betty is in hospital.

Me and Ronnie have been friends with Betty since childhood so Betty has been to my house 100s of times.

Pretty much what I'm saying is Betty has became like a daughter to them over the years.

And I thought it was only fair to let them know Betty is in hospital.

They were devastated to hear the news and said they will definitely come visit at some point.

I didn't tell them about Betty's abuse as I didn't ask her and I don't think it's fair to just tell people.

Also I'm going to be spending a lot of time at the hospital visiting so they needed to know where I am.

Then I head back to the hospital to see Betty again.

Veronica pov

After about 4 episodes of friends Archie comes back from Betty's house.

He has a small suitcase full of Betty's belongings and some clothes. He got out her bunny and gave it to Betty making her smile.

Betty: thanks Arch I appreciate it she said making Archie smile.

Archie:no problem Betts he says ruffling her hair making her giggle.

She seems to be lightening up a little which is amazing.

I'm aware that this is going to be so hard for Betty to overcome but I know me Archie, sweet pea, jughead,and fangs will all help her through it.

No matter how long it takes.

I explain to Betty that I'm gonna call the boys tomorrow and she gets excited. I ask her how she wants to tell them about the abuse.

I ask if she wants me to tell them she can tell them or she can just not tell them at all.

She said she would tell them and I smile being proud of her.

I get her to eat a little bit but it's better than nothing.

Soon all of us fall asleep as it's a long day and I don't let go of Betty.