part 14

Veronica pov

The next day...

Me and Archie woke up before betty as she had a really draining day last night.

The Doctor comes in to check on Betty a couple times before leaving again.

Me and Archie talk for a while and watch some TV before I realise I need to call the boys. I'm honestly a little nervous to tell them because I don't know how they will react.

I mean Betty just agreed to be their little a couple of days ago and now she's in hospital.

And to be honest I'm a little scared to see how they will react.

Although I'm sure it will all be fine once Betty explains the reason she is in hospital.

Sweet pea pov

Me fangs and jug wake up and get out of bed. We have some breakfast and were about to call some people over to help decorate Betty's rooms but soon a call from Veronica picks up.

I thought it was quite weird but answered any way.

Sweet pea:hi Veronica is everything ok I ask

Veronica:well I need to tell you something about Betty but you need to not freak out she replies and I immediately get worried.

The phone is on speaker so jug and fangs can hear what she's saying. I immediately feel worry when she says it's about Betty.

Sweet pea:what happened with Betty I won't freak out just please tell me I say worried.

Veronica:Betty is in hospital and has a broken arm a broken rib and a sprained ankle and other injuries on her. She is ok though but I thought I'd let you know so if you want you can come down. She tells me and I immediately feel my heart drop.

Why is our baby in hospital I don't understand she seemed perfectly healthy a couple days ago.

Jughead:why is she in the hospital she was fine a few days ago he said panicked obviously so worried about her.

Veronica:it's not my place to say it's Betty's you can come over whenever you want Betty is still asleep currently but I'm sure she would love to see you when she wakes up she thinks you don't want her anymore she tells me sadly and I'm pretty sure all our hearts break.

Why on earth would Betty think we don't want her just because she's in hospital. Of course we still want her I don't think she realises how much we care about her.

Fangs:we'll be there in half a hour he tells Veronica.

A few more words are exchanged before the call ended.

I'm so worried and anxious I can barely function and I know jug and fangs are to. I want to kill whatever caused this to happen to such a innocent person.

We get ready and pack a bag with some clothes and pyjamas as we are probably going to be spending a lot of time there so we want to have everything we need.

We also pack another little bag with things we might need for Betty.

Like a couple of her outfits that we got her just in case like some leggings and plain hoodies.

We also pack one of the blankets we bought and a unicorn stuffed animal. It's only something simple but if it makes her smile it will be so worth it.

We also pack the Winnie the Pooh pack of pacifiers just incase she wants it at any point.

I'm not sure if she will because she might not want to use it in public where nurses and other people are coming in.

But it's better to have it just in case we need it in a moment so we don't have to come back.

Once we are sure we have absolutely everything we need we get in the car and head to the hospital.

I feel anxious knowing Betty's hurt but Veronica said she's ok so that calms me down a bit.

We arrive and ask the doctor to take us to Betty's room. They ask us who we are to Betty and we tell them we are her boyfriends.

Then a woman that looks like she's in her late 20s and explains that she's Betty's doctor who is doing all her checks and stuff.

She then takes us to Betty's room before walking away to give us privacy.

We go in and see Betty and also Veronica and Archie on the bed. The sight of Betty breaks my heart seeing a cast on her little arm.

I can't see any of her other injuries because she is fully cuddled under the covers.

And even though she's in a hospital bed she still looks so adorable. She's also cuddling a medium sized bunny stuffed animal which makes her even more cute.

We talk for Veronica and Archie for a while. We also tell them it's ok if they want to leave.

It must be isolating being in this hospital all of yesterday and now that we are here they don't have to be here.

They agree it's probably best if they leave for a while so they can shower and stuff.

Before they go I see Veronica looking a little hesitant to leave Betty.

I understand though because Betty is not Veronica's little but in a way she and Archie have been the ones taking care of her when she's not at home.

So to have the 3 of us come in it must be nerve wracking.

Jughead:I promise we will look after her he says and that eases her nervousness.

Then they go and we are left to wake Betty up.

We all get on the bed. It's a double bed so it's a squeeze to fit on it but with all of us sitting on it we just fit.

Fangs takes Betty's bunny and rubs the nose of it against Betty's nose to wake her up.

After a few seconds she wakes up and immediately smiles when she sees us.