part 20

Jughead pov

It's turns out Betty is walking really good. I can tell she's still in slight pain when walking which breaks my heart slightly.

We offered to carry her but she wanted to walk. I understand that though she's not walked in a few days.

Pretty much what we did because the car was at the hospital is I quickly drove the car home before coming back to the hospital earlier.

That way we could go on a nice walk before we go home.

Jughead:can you hold dadd- my hand please bubs I say almost calling myself daddy.

Now we are in the outside world I feel more protective of her.

And even though I know she won't run of  it makes me feel more calm knowing I have her.

I know it will ease sweet pea and fang's nerves to.

She nods and puts the hand that doesn't have a cast in my big one.

Fangs:good girl he said and kissed her cheek making her blush and smile.

I love how shy she still is it's so sweet.

We walk for about 5 minutes then find a little trail that's like a woods.

It's really pretty with lots of flowers and I can tell Betty loves them.

Betty:look kitty she said excited as she saw a ginger cat approaching us.

I should of realised Betty is a animal lover she's to caring not to be.

I bet she'll be happy when she meets the serpents because she'll get to meet hotdog.

Sweet pea:it is a kitty baby should we see if we can pet it he said and she nods happily.

She's such a sweet baby.

I let go of her hand because we aren't near any roads or anything and I have my eye on her at all times.

Sweet pea crouches down to make sure the cat is friendly and won't scratch Betty.

She literally just got out of hospital we don't need any more injuries on her.

Sweet pea:go ahead princess it's a nice kitty he says.

Betty:ok she says quietly and starts to stroke the cat.

Immediately a huge smile breaks out on her face and she giggles.

Just from her reaction makes me want to go to a shelter and buy her as many cats as she wants.

We are actually planning on getting some pets for Betty in the future.

But that won't be for a while as she needs to settle in first.

The cat soon walks away and Betty gets a little upset.

Jughead:it's ok bubs I'm sure we'll see him around I tell Betty not wanting her to be sad.

She nods and smiles again.

We walk for a while longer in the woods before heading back to the house.

Considering how short Betty's legs are and she hasn't walked In a while I'm surprised she didn't get really tired.

Although she will probably end up having a nap at some point today.

We continue walking and soon we are walking through the neighborhoods of the southside.

Betty:I don't know why people say the southside is bad it's really nice she says looking around.

It's true though the southside is not bad at all. It has its dogey parts but overall it's really nice.

People just assume that everyone who lives here has no money but that really isn't true.

All the serpents have a lot of money as being in a gang pays extremely well.

The only people who don't have a lot of money are the people who live in the trailer park.

Fangs:it is princess people just think the southside is bad because of the serpents but the serpents get to much criticism. He explains to her.

Betty:yeah I remember I wrote a newspaper article about how unfair it was she says chuckling at the memory.

The three of us look at her shocked. I remember when that article came out all of the serpents were talking about it.

We always wanted to find out who had written it and thank them because it made everyone smile.

The serpents get so much criticism for literally no reason. They only hurt people who are like rapists and abusers and the ghoulies.

None of us have once laid a hand on a innocent person in a negative way.

But I can't believe my baby was the one who wrote that. She's honestly the most Amazon girl to ever walk this earth.

I'm so happy that she is ours to love and protect from this crule world.

I can't wait to tell the serpents that our little girl was the one who wrote that.

Sweet pea:you are so amazing he says looking at her with admiration.

She immediately shakes her head.

Betty:it's common sense that any human should have people judge to easily and don't bother to find out right information Betty tells us.

She is such a amazing human. I honestly don't think she will ever realise how perfect and kind she really is.

She just wants everyone to be appreciated and doesn't want anything in return.

We still have about 15 minutes to walk before we get to the house and Betty is starting to look really tired.

She's slowed down her walking and is rubbing her eyes.

I don't blame her she's done so good considering her leg still hurts and she's only little.

Jughead:here princess come here I say and pick her up setting her on my hip.

Betty:you don't have to I can walk she says shyly and I shake my head.

Jughead:your still in pain bubs I don't want you to hurt yourself anymore and I'm not gonna pass up a opportunity to hold my baby girl I say kissing her head and she blushes.

We continue walking with me holding Betty we soon reach our neighborhood and we walk up to our house.

Betty's reaction was adorable. I'm so happy to give her a home.

Fangs:welcome home princess he says to her.

Authors note
Hi guys thank you so much for 5k reads I honestly just started writing this for fun and didn't expect even 500 reads and now I have 5000