part 15

Fangs pov

When Betty smiles when she sees us I feel my heart melt.

Once the serpents see how soft we are with Betty they are going to be so surprised.

We are Normally seen as heartless and just not happy in general. Although we have opened up a few times about how low we felt because we really wanted a little.

It really took a big emotional toll on us as we thought we would never find the right person.

Although now I'm looking at this girl knowing she's the most perfect angel on this earth.

Jughead:hi princess he says softly starting to stroke her hair.

It seems to be something that calms her down and just relaxes her in general.

Betty:hi she said back and let out a adorable yawn as she's just waking up.

Sweet pea:how did you end up like this sweetheart he asked and kissed her forehead.

We are definitely showing her a lot of love because we want her to feel really comfortable.

Betty:it's a long story she tells us with sadness in her eyes.

Fangs:well you don't have to tell us right now how about we cuddle for a bit whilst you wake up ok bubba I ask and she smiles and nods.

We lay down and it's a squeeze but it works.

Luckily in our house the bed is so much bigger. It's pretty much 2 king size beds put together so it's absolutely huge.

We bought it when we moved in because having 3 people in one bed just wasn't going to work. Also we knew when we had a little we wanted her to sleep with us so we needed a big bed.

But for now this little double bed will have to do.

Sweet pea:we have something for you princess do you wanna see he asked

Betty: yes please she said quietly and my heart melted at her kindness.

Sweet pea gets up and gets her little blanket and unicorn stuffed animal we bought her whilst shopping.

She immediately smiles when he hands the items to her and cuddles them to her.

Betty:thank you she said happily and we all smile at her.

The happiness that a 10 dollar stuffie gave her is so sweet.

Fangs:that's ok baby what are you going to call her I ask stroking her hair.

Betty:ummm sparkles she says and we smile at her.

Betty is definitely going into a slight little space not fully obviously because that takes time but she's definitely getting more little.

We ask about the bunny stuffed animal and she tells us Veronica got it for her last Christmas. She also tells us that Veronica and Archie get her a stuffed animal pretty much every Christmas and birthday.

I have a feeling this bunny will be the stuffed animal which she does every thing with when she's little.

After a while of just talking she looks up at us.

Betty:I think I'm ready to tell you why I'm here she tells us.

Jughead:you don't have to tell us if you don't want to we only just met and if your not ready we will understand he says to Betty and she nods.

Betty:it's ok I trust you she says and we nod.

I hold her hand in a way to comfort her.

Betty:so ever since I can remember I haven't had a normal family. Whislt most people would punish a 3 year old by a time out I got punished with beatings. At first they weren't that bad but to a 3 year old it wasn't normal. I would get bruises all over me and as I got older it got worse. The beatings would get more intense and soon my brother started joining in. My mother didn't physically abuse me but it's not because she felt bad it's because she couldn't be bothered. But she mentally abused me daily as did my dad and brother. When I was about 6 my dad starting using a belt and knives to punish me. And it wasn't because I did anything wrong it was simply because they enjoyed it. They enjoyed hearing my screams and pleads for them to stop. When I was 7 my brother was 13. And one night he raped me and thats where everything changed. I felt so lost and didn't know what to do and soon he raped me more often. And a few days ago my dad and brother got really bad with my beating. It wasn't the worse I've had but I couldn't take it anymore. The sexual assault was getting to much and I didn't know what I was living for any more. So I went out of the house and told Veronica everything. And here I am now. She tells us and tears are running down all 3 of our cheeks.

The badass serpent boys who weren't soft to anyone were crying.

Betty was crying throughout all of it and I was just shocked.

I felt like I needed to throw up the thought of someone abusing and sexually assaulting Betty so many times made me feel sick.

By the end she was almost choking on her sobs and leaned into sweet pea as he was closest for comfort.

None of knew what to say. We are so heartbroken but also angry.

Angry at her poor excuse of a family for treating our baby like she was nothing.

When in reality she's everything.

But right now being angry is the last thing Betty needs.

She needs comfort and love and attention and reasurence.

And we will gladly give all of that to her.

Sweet pea:shh shh shh it's alright baby girl everything is going to be ok now we will protect you with all our heart he says to her and me and jug nod.

Her sobs die down after a while of reasurence and love and cuddles.

She eventually falls asleep cuddled into us. And we know one thing for sure.

We will protect our baby with all our life.