part 43

(I know I said I wouldn't do trigger warnings but this does talk a lot about sexual abuse and other abuse so please keep that in mind)

Fangs pov

It's been a few days since Christmas and everything has been going amazing.

Buddy has been amazing and so well behaved.

(I changed the dogs name from cooper to buddy because I remembered that's Betty's second name)

We've unboxed most of Betty's toys and have been playing a lot with them.

I'm so glad Betty loves everything.

Although one thing has been floating across our minds and that is the diaries.

We want to read them and we think we are ready.

Betty is currently fast asleep as we are all In bed so we think now is a good time to read them.

I'm scared to know what she's been through but I want answers.

There is 10 diaries one for every year she wrote in them.

I'm not even sure how she could write propaly at 6 but we are about to find out.

(I'm gonna do 1 entry for every year)

Dear diary
Mommy and daddy keep hitting me and I don't know why. I saw v with her mommy and daddy but they don't hit her. They say it's because I'm a bad girl but I didn't do anything wrong. Also chick is a meanie and called my ugly today and he keeps shouting at me. Mommy and daddy don't hit chick though. But he's the one who's always bad. I also don't have a room anymore as chick took mine even though he already has a room.

There is slight spelling and grammar mistakes because she was so young.

My heart is breaking reading this and it's only the first diary.

She was only 6. When I was 6 I was jumping in puddles and playing in mud.

But she was getting hit and shouted at. We read all throughout the diary them move onto the one where she was 7.

Dear diary
Mommy and daddy are hitting me a lot more latley. They used to just do it when I was bad but now they just do it when they want. I think maybe they enjoy it as they have never once said sorry. Chick started hitting me aswell and I get bullied in school. I have Veronica and Archie though so at least I have them. Their parents are so nice to me. Fp and Gladys still come round all the time and I love seeing them. They love me more than my parents do.

That was the first page of the diary from when she was 7. I find it so crazy that she used to know Gladys and fp when she was little. I think that's why she has such a special bond with them.

Then we go on to the one where she was 8.

Dear diary
I'm starting to figure out that my family isn't normal. I don't think parents normally hit their kids. Veronica and Archie don't have to wear hoodies because they don't have bruises on their arms. I'm not allowed to take my hoodie of because I will get beat even more. Fp and Gladys came to my school play though. I was so happy because mom and dad couldn't make it so I was Happy at least someone came.

All throughout the diary from when she was 8 it was heartbreaking to see Betty so confused at why her family was different.

And she mentioned how sad she was and thought something was wrong with her. Because her parents didn't hit chick so she wondered why she was different.

And I can see her insecurities start to come out saying things like she's not beautiful and that's why she's treated different.

God she was only 8 years old.