Chapter Two: The Letter

(Song: If You're Too Shy (Let Me Know) by The 1975)

I awoke the next morning bright and early. My roommate Delilah was still fast asleep on her bed on the other side of her room.

Delilah Walsh was a very good friend of mine. She was muggleborn and her parents lived in London. She had curly light brown hair and hazel eyes, she was a bit taller than me.

Over the years, Delilah showed me many things about the muggle world. She loved music and her favorite band was called "The Clash". She observed how much I love listening to her CD player that she got me one of my own for Christmas two years ago.

"Good Morning V," she said, interrupting my thoughts.

I turned to smile at her.

"Morning Lilah" I replied.

She got up and began picking out her clothes from her dresser.

"Lilah, can I ask you something?" I asked as I began fidgeting with my bracelet.

"You must be really anxious, but go on," she replied noticing my habit.

"There's somebody I like, but I can't seem to organize my thoughts. What do I do?" I ask now looking at her.

She pulled her hair into a bun.

"When I lived at home, there was a girl named Rosie that I liked. I didn't want to tell her but I had to let it out. So I wrote a letter to her, but I never sent it" she told me.

"That's brilliant" I exclaimed jumping up from my bed.

"I'll write a letter to sort out my feelings and I'll destroy it afterward"

"Who is the guy anyway?" Lilah asked as she carried her clothes to the bathroom to change.

I stood quiet.

"Is it a certain ginger?" she teased.

"Maybe..." I hesitated.

"I knew it" she shouted.

I plopped down on one of the chairs.

Over the years, Lilah has been my go to person for all my secrets. She suspected I like George after I wouldn't shut up about him kissing me in our 2nd year after playing spin the bottle.

"Vera, get dressed. We'll be late for potions class" she said as she adjusted her tie in the mirror.

Luckily, we made it just in time.

Since we're now fifth years, all of our classes were mixed with other houses.

Fred and George were already sat in their usual spots.

Lilah and I sat right in front of them.

"Morning boys," I said as I plopped my book down on the desk and turned around to face them.

Lilah sat next to me while eyeing Fred. She has still not forgiven Fred for waking her up with fireworks towards the end of our fourth year.

"Weasley"

"Walsh"

"Oh boy" I whispered to George.