Chapter Sixty Four: An Indoor Picnic

WARNING: This chapter includes sexual scenes such a mild degradation and the use of restraints. Please feel free to skip this chapter if needed.

(Song: Daddy Issues by The Neighbourhood)

We were in Defense Against the Dark Arts class. Jess sat right next to me while Lee sat in the back of us with Alicia.

"But you'll be pleased to know, from now on... you will be following a carefully structured, Ministry-approved... course of defensive magic. Yes?" Umbridge said as she slowly paced in front of the class.

I flipped through the book and saw that it said nothing about learning or using defensive spells. I raised my hand.

"Professor, there's nothing in here about using defensive spells?" I commented.

"Using spells? Well, I can't imagine why you would need to use spells in my classroom," she replied.

I could hear a few murmurs coming from the class. No spells?

"We're not gonna use magic?" Jess asked.

"You'll be learning about defensive spells in a secure, risk-free way," she replied.

"What use is that? If we're attacked, it won't be risk-free," I replied.

"Students will raise their hands when they speak in my class, Ms. Clarke," she said.

"It's Mortem, Professor," I corrected her.

She looked down at her clipboard while a stupid grin formed on her face.

"It says here that your name is Vera Eleanor Clarke," she stated.

"Yeah but-"

"No buts, that's your legal name, so that's what you go by here," she said, ending the conversation.

I was angry. Was it really hard for her to respect my new surname?

That class went by quickly, but I still couldn't believe that she wasn't going to let us use magic.

"No magic? Is that woman mad?" Jess asked.

"I still can't believe she couldn't refer to you by your new surname," Lee said as him and Alicia walked behind us.

"How hard is it really?" Alicia complained.

I sighed.

"I don't even care about my surname. I'm worried for all the students that have transitioned. It's going to be traumatic having to go by their dead name," I said.

Jess patted me on my back.

"It'll be alright V, but I think someone is looking for you," Jess said pointing ahead.

There was George leaning against the wall with his hands in his pocket. He looked so good when his sleeves were rolled up, you could see the veins on his arms.

"I'll catch up with you guys later," I said as I walked away to meet up with George.

"Daydreaming Georgie?" I asked as I got his attention.

He looked down and smiled at me.

"Just thinking of you," he said as he kissed me.

I smiled.

"Care to join me for a picnic?" he asked.

"But it's raining," I said pointing to the courtyard. A light drizzle trickled down as the gloomy sky overtook the day.

He giggled.

"Just trust me on this one love," he said as he held my hand and led me down the corridor.