Chapter One Hundred and Twenty Two: The List

WARNING: This chapter includes sexual scenes. Please feel free to skip this chapter if you need to.

One Week Earlier

"They asked me if I knew anyone who was perfectly suited for the job, and I recommended you Vera," Claire said.

"This is such an honor Claire. Thank you so much," I said.

"There's just one thing," she said.

"What is it?" I asked.

"The Wizards Weekly Teen Office is located in New York City," she said.

"New York?" I said in amazement.

"Vera, you are one of the best and most hardworking people I've met. New York will be lucky to have an editor-in -chief like you," Claire began, "Well at least until Regina gets back from maternity leave," she said.

I nodded.

"This is so amazing. But New York is so far away," I mentioned.

"New York is great, you're going to fall in love with it," Claire said.

I smiled.

"I'm going to hate leaving London behind," I said.

"It's only for nine months, you'll be back in time before your big island vacation with your family," she said.

I nodded.

"When would I have to leave?" I asked.

"Next month, plenty of time to prepare," Claire said, "Now get out of here, I know you still have loads to do before your friend's wedding."

***

I was finally back home after a long weekend. Weddings are no joke.

The twins, Angie, Roxy, and I said our goodbyes to Lilah and Jess as they ventured off to their honeymoon in Mexico. This was also Jess' father's birth place so she was very excited to go.

"Kreacher! You in here?" I asked.

That's when the small old house elf appeared in front of me.

"Vera's back," he said as he took my duffle.

"Yes Kreacher, any letters from the post?" I asked.

"Vera received the ticket for the flight for next month. Kreacher put it in the study," he said.

"Guess you know that I'm leaving for nine months," I said.

"Kreacher will take care of all the preparations," he said before hauling my duffle to the laundry room.

That's one down, several to go.

I went to the study to check on the letters.

How am I going to tell my friends? Ezra, Dad?

How the hell am I going to break it to George?

As soon as I got to the study, I picked up a quill and piece of parchment and began writing down a list.

It starts off with who I'd think would be the easiest to break the news to the hardest.

Ben
Jane
Rosie
Adrian
Ron
Harry
Uncle Davey
Blaise and Thea
Molly and Arthur
Hermione
Ginny
Ezra
Dad
Fred and Angie
Lilah and Jess
George

George.

Things are going so well with him. I'd hate to just leave in the middle of repairing our relationship.