Chapter Sixty Seven: Cruel Punishments

A/N: Sorry for the late update. It's finals week and I'm a mess 🥲. Hope everyone is doing okay. Enjoy!

(Song: Cigarette Daydreams by Cage the Elephant)

"I heard about you four, causing chaos throughout the school," Umbridge began.

We all sat in her tacky pink office as she paced back and forth, lecturing us.

"The famed Weasley twins, nothing like your older brothers. Very disappointing if I do say so myself," she began.

I looked over to Fred and George, both looked furious. They hated being compared to Bill, Charlie, and Percy.

"Delilah Walsh, pretty name for such a violent girl. You're dating Jessica Valentine, captain of the Hufflepuff team? How... unnatural," she said with a disgusted look on her face.

Lilah glared at her.

"And you. Vera Clarke. I saw your story plastered all over the Daily Prophet. I hear that you're trying to look for your birth father. Probably a good for nothing criminal seeing how you turned out," she said.

"How I was raised has nothing to do with that," I said.

"Silence!" she yelled catching me off guard.

"Now let's get on with the punishment," she began as she took out four quills from her drawer.

She handed each one of us a quill pen.

"I want each of you to write down the word I give each of you," she said.

"We haven't got any parchment," Lilah commented.

"You won't be needing any parchment for this Ms. Walsh," she said.

"How many times?" Fred asked.

"You'll know," Umbridge replied.

"You two," she said to Fred and George, "You're word is failure," she continued with a devilish grin.

"Mrs. Walsh I want you to write confused," she said.

"And Ms. Clarke,"

"My last name is Mortem,"

"Enough!" Umbridge said slamming her hands on her desk.

"You will be writing I am Vera Eleanor Clarke, since you have no respect for authorities." she said.

"It won't fit on her hand," George said knowing what was going to happen.

Umbridge scoffed as she grabbed my left arm and rolled up my sleeves.

"There you are," she said.

I didn't have any words to say. The woman was pure evil.

"You may begin,"'she said.

I looked over to the others. Fred and George began writing their word. Lilah did so too. I began writing my full name on the desk in front of me.

Soon I felt a burning sensation begin on my forearm. Slowly, my full name was carved into my skin. It made me tear up a little cause it hurt.

After we did it ten times, Umbridge finally let us go.

The others bled lightly, but since I got more words, my whole arm was covered in blood.

We all walked back to our rooms.

"Are you okay V?" Lilah asked as all of us walked the corridors.

I nodded.

"It just stings, how are you guys?" I asked.