Chapter Fifty Five: Summer in Paris Pt.4

(Song: Shy Away by Twenty One Pilots)

It was the next morning, I had a slight headache from the night before but nothing a little potion couldn't fix. I put on some black sweats and my Ravenclaw pullover, I tied my hair into a ponytail before stepping out into the living room.

It was awfully quiet so Ben wasn't awake yet. I looked at the clock on the wall. It was only nine in the morning.

As I poured myself a glass of water, I constantly thought about what Ben said to me last night. I might've been drunk yesterday but I remembered that confession.

I broke Ben's heart, even after all the things he'd done for me. He took me out to Hogsmeade after a bad day, bought me sweets, and now I'm living in his flat. I wanted to thank him somehow.

I looked at a bookshelf in the corner of the living room and saw an old-fashioned cookbook. I walked over and grabbed it off the shelf.

"Perfect," I whispered as I walked to the kitchen with the book in my hand.

I tried to be as quiet as possible as I grabbed a few bowls from cupboards and some utensils from the drawers. I considered using the silencing charm on his room, but it was an open space.

I flipped the page to a french toast recipe and began cooking. I didn't want to use any magic so I had to figure out how to do everything by hand.

The only time I helped out in the kitchen was when I helped Mrs.Weasley with the cinnamon buns. Other than that I was completely clueless.

I pulled out the ingredients from the fridge and the pantry.

After figuring out how to turn on the stove, and trying not to cut my fingers chopping up the strawberries, breakfast was almost ready. I just needed to get the orange juice to the table.

"What are you doing Vera?" Ben asked in a sleepy voice. He was wearing a grey long sleeve and green pajama pants with slippers.

"I made breakfast, come sit," I said as I put the orange juice down on the table.

He smiled as he sat down at the table.

"What'd you make?" he asked.

I smiled and put a plate of french toast in front of him with scrambled eggs and a side of berries.

"This looks incredible V, thank you. But what's the occasion?" he asked as I sat down with my own plate.

"Ben, you've done so much for me this year. I've never really thanked you properly," I said.

I looked at him, he was smiling.

"Vera, you know you're one of my best friends. I'd do anything for you," he said taking a bite of his french toast.

I smiled at him.

"This tastes amazing. You did it all without magic?" he asked.

I nodded.

We enjoyed our morning breakfast by discussing our internships and our future goals.

"So are you definitely going back to London after this summer?" I asked, taking a sip of my orange juice.

"That's the plan," he said, taking his last bite of french toast.

"What about you V? What about your life after Hogwarts?" he asked.

I thought long and hard.

"My family, friends, and George are all back home. How could I not stay there," I said.