Chapter One Hundred and Sixteen: Weekend At The Weasley's Pt. 4

WARNING: This chapter briefly mentions sensitive topics such as sexual assault. Please skip this chapter if this triggers you. Resources will be linked at the end of the chapter.

Instead, he quickly grabbed my wrist and dragged me to the other room.

"George stop," I said.

He didn't say anything until we were in his room.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I asked, finally pulling my wrist away from him.

"I need to tell you the truth. Please just hear me out," he said.

"Forget it, George, I already know everything," I said.

"Damn it Vera please," he pleaded.

"What!"

He dug through his closet to find something.

His room was still a mess.

That's when he pulled out the enchanted box from a small pile of clothes.

"It's your box. So what?" I asked.

"This one is yours," he replied as he set it down on the bed.

I left it behind after I moved. It never crossed my mind.

"Open it," he said.

I hesitated. What is he trying to do?

I slowly opened the glowing box. I was shocked to see the box filled to the rim with letters and notes.

"What's all this?" I asked.

"These are all the letters I wrote to you since we've broken up," he said.

There must've been a hundred letters in here.

"You wrote to me?" I asked.

He nodded.

"I have more in my box," he said.

More?

"Vera, I never loved Laurie," he began.

I didn't respond.

"I've always considered her a friend and nothing else. The night of the grand opening, I got extremely drunk. I didn't know what I was doing. And next thing I knew, you were crying and yelling at me. I knew I fucked up and I actually didn't talk to Laurie until a few days later when we went to get all the employees ice cream," he said.

I remember seeing them together at Florean's. It really made me sad and anxious just thinking about it.

"That's when I saw you with Adrian. Leading up to that I was thinking about what to say to you and how to apologize. When I saw him pull you away, I got so fucking jealous," he said.

"I just assumed you moved on to Adrian already so I was mad, and I wanted to make you jealous," he said.

"Why?" I asked.

"I don't know V," he replied, " I just said that I was with her to get you jealous. I only had sex with her twice, both times I was extremely out of it," he said.

"And the second time, you seemingly got her pregnant," I said.

He nodded.

"Just please read these. It will explain more of it," he said.

"Fine," I said as I took the box from the bed.

"I really am sorry about everything I did," he said before I left the room.