Chapter One Hundred and Thirty One: May 2, 1998 Pt. 3

I quickly stood up and ran after her.

"Vera!" Adrian yelled.

That was the last thing I heard before I shut down.

I was enraged and upset.

How could this happen?

I was chasing her through empty corridors, turning every corridor following that god awful cackle she let out.

I found myself in front of the Ravenclaw common room entrance. I swore that I heard footsteps enter the room.

I quickly scanned the room but there was no sign of her.

Soon I found myself climbing up the stairs. I stopped in front of my old dorm.

The knob turned and I was staring into an abandoned room.

Many parents did not want their children to return to school because it wasn't safe. Many of the dorms from all houses were left vacant for the school year.

The curtains were tattered, the bed unmade, and the brick walls were damaged.

I wanted to stay here for the rest of the night and cry. I felt weak and defeated. I could collapse in any minute.

Fred and Jess were in critical condition. My dad died in my arms. I'm not so sure I can take anymore.

I stared at the desk where my friends carved their initials during our third year.

F G W

G F W

D K W

V E C

I almost shed a tear in that moment. I grabbed my wand and quickly changed the initial to V E B.

Vera Eleanor Black

"Dad, I need help," I whispered hoping that wherever he was, he would listen.

"I don't think I can keep going," I admitted.

Silence continued to fill the room.

I continued to quietly sob alone in this room. I didn't want anyone to see me like this. I sat with my back against the wall and brought my knees to my chest.

I played around with my bracelet. The one Ced gave me.

"I can't keep doing this," I whispered to myself.

For the first time, I was truly alone.

I didn't have parents anymore. My best friends were in danger, and I'm sitting alone in a dark room acting cowardly.

"Vera?!" I heard from down the hall. Then footsteps racing to my door.

It slowly creaked open as I looked up.

"Oh Vera," George said as he rushed to my side.

"I can't do it anymore Georgie. I'm so fucking scared," I whispered as tears continued rolling down my face.

He wiped my tears away with his thumb as he held my face.

"Vera it's okay that you're scared. I'm fucking terrified," he said back.

I didn't respond.

"Vera I know what you're thinking. I spent my entire life watching you grow to be this smart, kind, beautiful person. Being scared doesn't mean you're a coward," he explained.

"George please, I'm hiding in here like an idiot,"

"But you always comeback,"

I stayed quiet.