Chapter Forty Four: The Story Of Us

(Song: Runaway by Aurora)

The Yule ball was two weeks away. Fred and George haven't asked Angelina and I to the ball yet. I joked that if they didn't hurry up, I'd end up saying yes to the next person that asked.

Fred, George, Lilah, and I sat down for breakfast as usual, today was post day. Owls flew down from the open windows to deliver packages and letters to students.

Galileo brought me two packages and a letter that morning. The package and letter were from my parents, the other was from uncle Lucius and aunt Narcissa.

I opened up the letter first.

Dear Vera,
We know that the Yule ball is just around the corner. Your father and I bought you both special outfits for the occasion. We know how lovely you look in black but I decided on a different color this time. You'll look marvelous in emerald green. I hope you have a wonderful time at the ball. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Love,
         Mum and Dad

"What's in the box, V?" George asked, trying to sneak a peek.

I quickly took the box away from him.

"My dress, you can't see it," I said with a smile.

"You'll have to ask her to the ball first," Lilah said reading through her letter.

George scoffed.

"Don't you worry about that," he replied.

I opened the second package. It was a care package from the Malfoy's. They usually sent Draco, Ezra and I one in the middle of the year. It contained my favorite snacks and sweets, a few clothing items from Twilfitt and Tattings, a leather backpack, and something catered to each of our interests. This year I got a set of journals.

"Uncle Lucius never disappoints," Fred says looking at my box.

I laugh as I handed them each a sweet.

"Designer bags?" Lilah said surprised.

I nodded.

"I think it's a little too much to be honest, I appreciate it though," I said closing the box.

"You deserve it, after all you are top of our class," George says popping the sweet in his mouth.

I smiled in response.

"Thanks love," I said.

"We've got to get to practice," Lilah said.

Dumbledore created a mandatory dance class for all Hogwarts students before the yule ball. We were required to learn ballroom dancing. I usually wouldn't mind something like this, but the Ravenclaw and Slytherin houses were taking the class together, which meant that I had to see Aria and Auden's fucking faces.

"Can you two take my stuff up to the dorm, please?" I asked them.

"Sure darling," Fred said, mocking George.

Lilah and I laughed.

"Have fun you two, but pay attention, you both have two left feet," I said getting up to head to the class. They had to attend the class with the Hufflepuffs after we were done.

"Shut up Clarke!" George says laughing.

I gave him a wink before following Lilah out the door. All the students crowded in the empty classroom.

That's when I spotted Luna.

"Luna, how've you been?" I asked her.

"All is well," she replied.