Chapter Eighty Eight: Where Do Dead Dreams Go?

(Song: Bad Blood by Bastille)

Kreacher wasn't really fond of Lilah and Jess here. He said really horrid things to them and Lilah was about to hit him with the fire iron. I had to intervene.

Dinner managed to calm me down a bit. That's when we had a conversation about everything going on between George and I.

"Wow, I'm so sorry V," Ben said.

"Thanks. I just don't know what to do anymore. It's like he's picking her over me at times," I said.

"That's honestly what it sounds like," Lilah said.

I nodded and stayed silent. It did feel like George preferred her over me at times. Like he liked her better than me.

"We should change the subject," Jess said.

We all agreed at that suggestion.

"How's your job at Wizards Weekly, V? Ez asked.

"It's good, the new issue comes out next week. I'm pretty excited. I also did graphic designing for the editorial section," I began.

"That's exciting. What about you Adrian?" Jess asked.

"Oh. Well Ezra and I just got the okay to become official curse breakers at Gringotts," he said.

"Really? That's great. Why didn't you say anything before Ez?" I asked.

"It just happened actually," he said.

"That's really great guys," Jess said.

"And what about you two? How's house hunting going for you guys?" Ben asked Lilah and Jess.

"We found a cute and cozy cottage just outside of Holy Island. Perfect for Lilah and I," Jess said.

Lilah smiled.

"Where's the bathroom V?" Jess asked.

"First floor, on your left," I said.

"I'll be back," Jess said as she left for the upstairs.

"Okay," Lilah said, getting all of our attention.

"I need your help guys, I wanna propose to Jess sometime this month, and I have an idea," Lilah said.

"Propose?" I said excitedly.

She nodded.

"Well, V and I were talking about having a mini holiday soon. We were going to Harrison Clarke's summer villa in the Greek Islands. What if you did it there?" Ben asked.

"Yeah Lilah, it would be so romantic," I added.

"And there's enough rooms for all of us," Ezra added.

"Really?" Lilah asked.

"Of course, Lilah. Anything for my best friend," I said.

We heard Jess' footsteps coming downstairs.

"So, what did I miss?" Jess asked as she took her seat next to Lilah.

"We were discussing how you stood up to Laurie today," I said.

"She did?" Adrian asked in amazement.

"Yeah, it was amazing," Lilah said.

"Wow, never expected that from a Hufflepuff," Ezra said.

"Especially Jessica Valentine," Ben added.

Jess was blushing and let out a small giggle.

"To be honest I didn't know I had it in me. I just hated the way she was talking down to you. Plus you kicked Adrian's ass for me," she joked.