Chapter Seventy One: Victory, Violence, and Vices

A/N: Anything bold and italics is the voice in Vera's head.

(Song: Freaks by Surf Curse)

Gryffindor was in the lead. Angie was on a roll. She managed to dodge three of Aria's bludgers. Surprised Fred hasn't punched Aria yet.

"Gryffindor's in the lead, but will Harry Potter catch the snitch and lead us to victory?" Lee said over the intercom.

Down below Harry and Draco were looking for the golden snitch. At one point they both tried to knock each other off their brooms.

Fred and George tried their best to protect the players. I always lose my thoughts when I look at George. Every time he found me in the crowd, he always gave me a wink before getting back into the game.

That damn George Weasley charisma.

"Come on Georgie!" I yelled cheering him on.

"Aww," Jess said.

I smiled.

"Draco Malfoy has caught the snitch," Lee said unenthusiastically into the mic.

Roars ensued from the crowd of spectators. Slytherin had won the game. The cheers came mostly from a sea of green

"Well damn," Lilah said.

I cheered for my cousin's victory. He was the seeker after all and the source of Slytherin's success.

We all ran down from the stands to meet up with our friends.

I was going to congratulate Draco, but he was busy with his own friends.

"You did amazing love," I said, running up to hug Georgie.

He was a bit disappointed but had a big smile for me.

"Thank you, darling," he said, kissing my forehead.

"You too Freddie and Angie," I said, hugging them both.

"Thanks V, aren't you going to congratulate Malfoy?" Freddie asked.

"Maybe later, he's busy being the center of attention," I joked.

"Good game Weasley's, it's a fucking shame that your peasant family couldn't afford to buy you quality brooms," Kingsley began.

We all turned and looked at him.

"Maybe Clarke could buy them for you, oh wait she's an orphan now... she doesn't have a rich family anymore," he continues.

He had a stupid fucking grin on his face. Auden was standing next to him, giggling the entire time.

God, I just wanted to go over there and punch her right in the face. Part of me said to go for it while the other part said to be the bigger person.

It's like a war between my head and heart, at least that's what it felt like.

"Shut the fuck up," Lilah said in our defense.

"But why Walsh? It's true isn't it?" Kingsley asked in a sarcastic tone.

"Don't talk about my fucking parents," Fred said in an angered voice.

George had his jaw clenched and his fists were balled up. He was ready to fight.

"Your parents are filthy blood traitors. Popped a kid every fucking year. Should've stopped after Percy, you two would never be as good as them," Kingsley continued.

By then he caught the attention of everyone around us.

Adrian and Draco now had their attention towards him. Harry, Hermione, and Ron had also listened in.