Chapter Seventeen: Hogwarts Holiday

(Song: The Sound by The 1975)

It was the last day of classes.

Tomorrow, I'd be taking the train back home with Ezra and Draco. Even if it was only a few weeks away from Hogwarts, I still would miss George.

When we would return to Hogwarts, we'd be swamped with studying as all of us would be studying for the O.W.L.s at the end of the year.

"Have a good break," Professor Burbage said as students closed their books and rushed out of class to pack for the break.

I was the last to leave as I had already packed my trunk last night. I walked out of the empty classroom. As I turned the corner, I crashed into a tall figure.

"Lost in your thoughts again, Vera?"

I looked up and was greeted by a smiling George.

"As always," I replied as he bends down to kiss me.

"We're opening presents in the Gryffindor common room. Bring Lilah, yeah?" he said.

I nodded.

"I'm gonna change out of these robes and wrap a few more gifts, walk me to the room?" I asked him.

"Of course, darling," he said as he held my hand down the corridors.

We were near the courtyard when I spotted two girls leaning against the wall, talking amongst themselves.

Emmy and Marnie.

They both looked straight at George and I, and went silent at the sight of us holding hands.

We walked right past them as their eyes were locked onto George and I

"I knew it, fucking whore," I heard Emmy mutter under her breath.

Anger began building inside me. I was about to turn around and slap the bitch when George kept pulling me to walk away.

"You're not giving into her Vera," he said.

I rolled my eyes.

"Last time I remember you punched Aria Kingsley in the jaw," I scoffed.

"Yeah, and I'm not going to let you turn out like me," he said.

I sighed.

"Fine," I complained as we arrived at the stairs.

"I'll see you tonight," I said as I grabbed his tie and pulled him down to kiss me.

"Don't tease me like that princess," he whispered.

I smiled as I began walking up the stairs.

As I got to my room, I went to my closet to pull all the presents out and wrapped them.

I got Lilah a necklace engraved with the coordinates of our dorm, the first time we met, I got Fred a few items from Zonko's, as suggested by George, and I got George a black ring with my name engraved inside. It matched mine, which had his name engraved.

I knew Lee, Oliver, and Angelina were going to be there so I made them small goodie bags filled with sweets.

After finishing up, I changed into George's sweater and a pair of blue jeans.

Lilah, walked in putting her bag down and plopping down onto her bed.

"That class was never ending," she complained as I laughed in response.

"George told me to invite you to the Gryffindor common room to open presents," I said while I brushed my hair.

She nodded.