Chapter One Hundred and Thirty Three: New Beginnings

"Come on Rox," I said as I eagerly raced her to Fred's room.

After the battle, people were trying so hard to get back to regular life.

The school closed down for the summer to begin repairs for the upcoming year. They'll be renaming some of the buildings and corridors after the people who died during the battle.

We're having a memorial for all of them this Thursday.

Jess was released from St. Mungo's yesterday. Today, Freddie will be released after getting the cast off his arm.

"Dada," she said enthusiastically chasing after me.

"Yeah honey, we're going to see Dada," Angie reassured her carrying Finn in her arms. 

When we entered the dull white colored hospital room, we saw Fred already up in a Gryffindor hoodie and sweats packing up the last of his toiletries. His cast was already off. 

"You're up early," Angie said walking up to him.

"Couldn't wait to leave this shithole," he replied giving both Angie and Finn a peck on the cheek.

"Fred!" Angie scolded him.

"Dada!" Roxy said running towards his leg. 

She was up to his knees at this point. Her beautiful red hair is getting longer each day. She's learning new things like how to eat with a fork and how to get off the sofa. 

"Come here darling," Freddie said as he picked her up.

Like Angie and Finn, he gave her a quick peck on here cheek. Right after, Roxy immediately wrapped her arms around his neck and would not let go. 

"Wow, strong grip," I commented. 

Fred laughs as he unclasped her arms and put her down. 

"She's going to make a great quidditch player someday," he said. 

"Maybe on the Ravenclaw team," I joked. 

"Yeah right," Fred said. 

"Oh quit it you two," Angie said, "Are we okay to leave home?" she continued.

"Yeah, I was free to leave after the did a final check on my vitals," he continued. 

"Good because we're starving," I said picking up Roxy.

***

"Surprise!" everyone yelled once Fred made it through the door. 

George, Jess, Lilah, Ian, Elle, Sid, and Marina stood in my living room with streamers and a bunch of food on on the dining room table.

"What's all this?" he asked. 

"Well everyone wanted to see you when you got home and Vera ordered a lot of food," Lilah explained. 

"It just turned out to be a little celebration of your homecoming," Jess finished. 

After everyone said their hello's to Fred, we all sat down to have lunch. 

"So I heard you've been promoted to a lead," I asked Elle. 

She nodded. 

Sid was assistant manager for a couple months before the shop closed. Elle was in the process of training for lead but never was officially promoted.