Chapter Seventy Nine: A Small Trip To 93 Diagon Alley

WARNING: This chapter contains sexual scenes such as mild degradation. Please feel free to skip this chapter if needed.

(Song: English Love Affair by 5 Seconds of Summer)

"What about?" I asked.

"Listen Vera, I heard you say that you care about George," she began, "But what is he going to think when he finds out that you've been hanging out with Pucey?" she said.

I scoffed.

"I saw him walking you to the common room,"

"Pucey is just a friend. You do realize boys and girls could be friends now?" I replied.

"You really think he's just going to forgive Pucey just like that?"

"He's giving Pucey a chance, like I did with you Laurie,"

She stood quiet.

"I heard you guys talking about me that day I arrived at the burrow. I know you don't like me and frankly I don't care. I'm not the evil, twisted, dark lord follower you painted me to be. I tried to give you a chance but it  doesn't work if you don't give me one,"

"I don't want him getting hurt,"

"I won't hurt him, this doesn't even involve you anyway,"

"You're telling me I'm being unreasonable for looking out for my best friend?" she asked.

"Only if your reason is a version of me based on my family and background instead of just getting to know me,"

"I just don't want to see George get hurt," she said.

"George is seventeen, he doesn't need you to protect him Laurie,"

"I hope he doesn't," she said then she left.

I closed the door behind me.

How dare she come to my dorm and tell me not to hurt him. It's none of her business.

I sat on my bed and just got lost in my thoughts.

How am I going to tell Fred and George about the shop?

Should I tell George about Laurie?

The year ends in a couple of months. Bloody Hell.

After about ten minutes, I heard someone come through the door.

"Vera?"

"Georgie!" I screamed as I got off the bed and jumped into his arms.

"Where's everyone? What's the punishment? I'll help if it's cleaning up the classrooms," I said frantically.

"Calm down love, we're all okay. Umbridge made us all use that fucking quill again. The younger kids were in tears," he said.

"Are they alright?"

He nodded in response.

"They're eleven for fuck sakes, how can she do that?" I asked.

"Fred, Lilah, and I calmed them down while Jess helped Angie to her room. Angie had an elevated heart rate from everything but she's alright," he said.

"Okay," I said as I calmed down a bit.

"Actually, I need to talk to you about something," he said as he held my hand to guide me to the bed.

"What's the matter?" I asked.

He sighed.

"Fred and I were talking after Umbridge dismissed us," he began, "We've decided that we're going to leave Hogwarts," he said.