Chapter Three: Chaos

(Song J-Boy by Phoenix)

I awoke to a beautiful rainy Saturday morning. I grabbed the book beside my nightstand and flipped to a page. Thankfully I didn't have to be out of bed yet.

I could hear Lilah beginning to wake up because she started stretching in bed.

"Morning Lilah"

"Morning V"  she replied as she walked over to her dresser.

I quickly finished up my chapter before putting my book away in the nightstand.

"So did you write the letter?" she asked as she began changing into black mock neck long sleeve, blue jeans, and brown jacket.

"Yeah" I nodded.

I went to pickup my bag to look for the letter I had written. I began to panic when I realized it was gone.

"Where the fuck is it?" I asked as I poured out all the contents in my bag.

After looking at all my belongings twice, I came to the conclusion that it wasn't here.

"Where did you have it last?" Lilah asked while she helped me organize my mess.

I just stood there in disbelief, trying to remember where it was.

"The library, Ezra startled me and I hid it...IN A BOOK" I said while jumping up and putting on black sweats and a navy blue long sleeve.

"Help me look for it?" I begged Lilah grabbing her by the wrist and dragging her out the door.

The library was pretty much empty, except for a few Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws hanging out near the entrance.

I quickly ran to the desk I was at last night. The desk was empty.

"I left the book right here" I said.

"Well they tidy up the library every night" she replied.

Lilah took out her wand.

"Accio Love Letter" she said waving her wand.

Nothing happened.

Lilah shrugged as she put her wand away.

"Either it didn't work, or it's not here," she replied.

"No, it has to be here. I just know it," I said as I begin opening random books on the shelf.

"You don't even remember the damn book?" Lilah asked.

We got a couple hushes by the librarian.

"I forgot, I know the cover was green, and the spine of the book was damaged" I replied.

"Where was the book located?" she asked.

"It was sitting on the desk when I sat down" I replied.

An hour goes by and no luck. The letter seemed to be gone.

"V, it's not here and we're both starving. Let's go have breakfast," she suggested.

I let out a sigh of disappointment as I got up from the floor.

Lilah and I walked down to the Great Hall.

Fred and George were already sat at the Gryffindor table along with Ron, Hermione, and Harry. Fred, George, and Harry had their quidditch sweaters on.

Lilah and I sat down next to George.

"Good Morning, you two. Sleep well, Vera?" Fred said teasing me.