Chapter One Hundred and Twenty Nine: May 2, 1998 Pt. 1

Things have gotten so much worse.

"I hate being back here," I said to Ben.

He was scavenging through the room of requirement. We were waiting on Harry who was out searching for the lost diadem that belonged to Rowena Ravenclaw.

"You loved this place V," he said.

"That was before it turned to a battleground between me and Ezra and Draco," I said.

We're in a full out war now. The rest of us have been defending the school from Voldemort's cult of death eaters. We need to do this quick so I can get out there and help.

Harry, Ron, and Hermione have been around trying to destroy all horcruxes. Including my father's necklace that I found. One of the last ones was the diadem which is somewhere in this room.

"Where is this fucking diadem?" I said out of stress.

That's when I felt the tip of a wand slightly digging into my back.

"Don't move V," Ben spoke lowly.

I slowly turned around.

Draco had his wand digging into my neck now. Ezra had his wand pointed at Ben's neck.

"Don't you dare V," Draco said as he saw me tighten my grip on my wand.

"This is what it's come down to? You gonna murder me Malfoy?" I snickered.

"Fuck you Vera," he shot back.

"Been friends all your life, and now you're going to kill him?" I asked my brother.

He didn't say anything as expected.

"So your plan is to kill us? Then what?" I asked.

"He's set the bloody place on fire!"

Flames erupted in the room. It nearly burned me alive but I managed to escape from Draco's grip as he was distracted with the flares.

I ran out of the room as fast as I could with Ben running beside me. As we stood near the exit, I saw a couple of broomsticks fly over us and crash right outside the door minutes later.

Harry quickly stabbed the diadem with the fang of the basilisk. Ron then kicked the diadem into the flames and we watched it burn.

Draco disapparated soon after that, but Ezra was lying on the floor unconscious.

"He could barely hang on," Hermione said kneeling beside him.

"Inhaled a lot of smoke probably," Ben said.

"I think now's your chance Ben," I said.

He nodded as he pulled out his wand from his back pocket.

With one flick of the wand, the spell was reversed.

"How did you know he was under the Imperius curse?" Ron asked.

"Blaise told me," I began, "He said that Draco mentioned his aunt Anastasia put the curse on Ezra. Thought it would lure me back to London," I said.

"Which is why Lilah ordered Fred to break the enchanted box, we didn't want V to come back here," Ben said.

All me again. Ezra was here, brainwashed and suffering from smoke inhalation because of me.

Why does this keep happening?

"I'll get him to the hospital wing, Vera stay with the others," Ben said as he and the others rushed to the other side.

I nodded as I went to find Fred, Lilah, and Jess.

We agreed that as members of the order, we needed to protect everyone and defeat Voldemort. We also made Angie stayed at the house with Roxy, Finn, and Ian as she was still recovering from birth.