Chapter One Hundred and Nineteen: Delilah

I woke up sore and to the bright light shining through the window.

Perfect wedding weather.

I turned to my side to see George still fast asleep. Again his messy hair was covering his face.

"George you've got to get out of here before Angie and Fred wake up," I said as I brushed his hair out of his face.

He suddenly grabbed my hand as I was about to take it away.

"No good morning kiss?" he whispered as his eyes were closed.

I laughed.

"Friends don't give each other good morning kisses George," I said as I got up to take a shower.

"And friends don't fuck each other either but that didn't seem to be a problem for us," he shot back as he sat up and rubbed his eyes.

I rolled my eyes.

He smiled.

"I'm going to shower, please just get the others. I don't want Lilah to kill Fred on the day of her wedding," I said as I walked out the door.

He nodded as he started getting dressed.

I walked to the downstairs bathroom to take a much-needed hot shower.

I knew I had to hurry up and be at the bridal suite in half an hour. So I rushed myself.

Although, the hot and steamy water felt great against my skin. It definitely relieved some of the soreness from yesterday.

After, I got out of the shower and used the quick-drying spell, and changed into my dress.

Lilah's makeup and hairstylist was going to do mine as well. I just had to be in the dress already.

That's when I looked in the bathroom mirror and saw not one, but three purple marks scattered across my chest.

Oh great.

I grabbed my makeup bag and began the process of covering them up.

Deja Vu.

When I was finally done, I stepped out of the bathroom to see that George was already dressed and ready to go.

He looked great in that classic black and white tux Lilah and Jess picked out.

He looked up from the couch and stared at me for a few seconds.

"You look great, George," I finally said.

"Thanks," he said as he came out of his trance.

"You look beautiful, V" he replied.

I smiled.

"Thank you," I said, "Where are the others?"

"Almost finished getting ready, but do you wanna go to the bridal suite? Lilah called saying she got her hair done early," he said.

I nodded.

***

"You have gorgeous dark hair," the stylist said.

I smiled.

"Thanks," I replied as she started to comb through my hair.

Lilah was getting her makeup done. I can already tell that she will look beautiful standing at the altar.

George was sitting down on the couch catching up with Lilah. It's almost like everything was back to normal like we all didn't stop being friends.