Chapter Twenty One: The Voice That Saved Me

(Song: Strawberries and Cigarettes by Troye Sivan)

"No, this isn't right. It isn't your time yet"

"What do you mean? Who are you?" I asked

"You should be alive,"

"I'm dead?" I questioned

"Yes,"

"You need to go back,"

"Where?" I questioned.

"To being alive"

"Take care my darling,"

I opened my eyes. The sunlight beamed through the curtains, making it a little difficult to adjust my eyes. I was in the infirmary yet again. Fucking fantastic.

My head felt like I had nails pounded into it. My body ached all over. I felt like death.

Ezra and George were standing beside me in their uniform and robes.

"Vera!" George exclaimed as he cupped my face and kissed my forehead.

"You're awake," Ezra said relieved.

"What happened?" I asked, feeling my throat dry.

Ezra sighed.

"Draco and I saw Emmy slip something into your drink right before you drank it. No one saw her because she did it so discreetly. I ran and yelled as fast as I could to prevent you from drinking it, but it was too late. I'm so sorry, Vera," he explained.

"It's not your fault Ezra," I managed to say.

"I'm going to kill that bitch," I said under my breath.

"You don't have to," George began saying, "After making sure you were okay, Lilah ran looking for Emmy. She found her in the Gryffindor common room, and went mad. Lilah clawed at her face and punched her so hard she left Emmy a broken nose. It took Oliver, Lee, and Fred to restrain her. Professor McGonagall expelled Emmy for poisoning you but Lilah also got a week of detention for violence against another student," he finished.

"I wish I could've seen that, fucking hell, how long have I been out?" I asked.

"Just one day," Ezra replied.

Just then Madam Pomfrey walked in.

"Alright, get to class you two, let her rest," she said.

"I'll come back to see you after my last class," George said leaning down to kiss my forehead.

I smiled.

"Get well soon," Ezra said as they both left the infirmary.

"You are a lucky girl," Madam Pomfrey began saying, "That lovely boy with the ginger hair hasn't left your side since we admitted you, he begged me to let him stay overnight," she said.

I smiled.

"I am, aren't I," I replied as she left.

I began remembering my dream, or what I thought was my dream. Who was that voice? It didn't sound like George or my father, and it was definitely not uncle Lucius. The voice sounded young.

I had to stay overnight just to make sure I was okay. As the morning rolled around, I was allowed to go back to my dorm to get ready and attend classes as usual.

I got to my dorm and saw Lilah putting her robe on.

"Vera!" she said as she hugged me.

"Hi Lilah," I said as we separated.