Chapter Sixty: 12 Grimmauld Place

(Song: Pictures of Girls by Wallows)

I didn't expect the family secret to cause mayhem, but I was so wrong. Being associated with the Clarkes and Malfoys caused some media attention. My story was plastered all over the gossip column of the Daily Prophet.

Adopted: Harrison and Anastasia Clarke revealed that their only daughter was adopted.

I swear the newspaper is running out of story ideas.

I haven't talked to my parents since the incident. I kept to myself, only came downstairs for dinner and to talk to Mimi. It wasn't hard since they were at work most of the time. Ezra was my only ally in the family as of now.

I walked to the kitchen to see Mimi cleaning the counter tops.

"Mimi, can I ask you something?" I asked while grabbing a glass for water.

Mimi snapped her fingers and the pitcher of water magically poured itself into the glass I was holding.

"Vera can ask Mimi anything," she said.

"Do you know anything about Lucinda Mortem?" I asked.

"Ah Lucy....Anastasia rarely talks about Lucy. Anastasia says that Lucy was quite different from Anastasia," she began.

"Really? How so?" I asked.

"Lucy never wanted to work at the ministry like her family wanted, Lucy wanted to work with magical creatures," Mimi began, "Mimi's afraid that all she knows about Lucy," she replied.

I nodded.

"Thank you Mimi, can I ask you for another favor?" I asked.

Mimi nodded.

"Can you teach me how to make a pie?" I asked.

Mimi didn't hesitate in doing so. I put on the extra green apron hanging on the hook. She pulled all the ingredients from the pantry and the refrigerator. I started making the filling while Mimi made the pie crust. After a couple of minutes, Mimi put it in the oven and let it bake.

"I can help clean," I said to Mimi.

But with one snap, the mess was gone.

"Vera must go get cleaned up now," Mimi said with a smile.

I nodded as I took off the apron and put it back on the hook. I marched upstairs to my room to change into different clothes. The sun was already setting so I wanted to change into sweats and a shirt.

When I walked into my room, I was suddenly grabbed and felt someone cover my mouth. I began trying to scream but it sounded muffled. Two familiar tall gingers were in my room.

"Don't scream V, it's just us," Fred said as George uncovered my mouth.

"Are you two insane?" I began, "What did you need to do that for?" I asked.

"Didn't know if uh, your parents were home," George said.

I sighed and walked over to my bed to sit. The boys followed as they leaned against the bed post.

"I'm guessing you read the paper," I said.

Fred nodded.

"Mum told us this morning when the story came out. Are you okay love?" George said holding my hand.

I nodded.

All of a sudden Ezra came through the door with his wand drawn up. The twins didn't hesitate to ready their wands.