SLICE-40

The minute she woke up Preetha got busy with Rishi hurrying her for breakfast and practice and then dress rehearsals. She spent her day running here and there.

As the evening approched, the college premises is bustling with noise and people. The loud speakers,lights,cars and arcades became a part of the night.

The huge hall which gotta see the final stage of competition is ready with students and guests.

All the teams are in the green room nervously waiting for their call. Boys are in black shirt and black slacks looking handsome. The girls choose different color party dresses to match them.

Rishi is sitting with his hands entwined, anxiety raised when he heard,

Sandy: Preetha!

Rishi suddenly stands and looks for her with a anxious smile but he doesn't find anyone.He looks at his friends who burst into laughter seeing his eagerness.

He glares at them while they come on either side of him putting their hands on his shoulder,

Sandy(teases): Kiskeliye dundh rahe ho?

Rishi swats his hand while he again puts it,

Vicky: Itna nervous kyun?

Rishi: I am ...not nervous.

Sandy(wiping the sweat on his forehead): Then what is this? Juice?

Rishi gets annoyed,

Vicky: Remember you are Rishi Kapoor. King of romance. You should not be nervous.

He tries to calm him,

Sandy: At worst she would say I like someone else whose name is Sandeep. That's it!

Rishi swats his hand again,

Rishi: She has a better taste.

Sandy: That's the reason she would choose me.

And this continues as Sandy is bent on making Rishi angry,

Sandy: I will complain to Preetha. Wait and see what she will do.

Rishi rolls his eyes and goes to sit on his place closing his eyes,

Sandy: Preetha....dekho na Rishi kya kar rai mere saath!

Rishi ignores him when after few minutes he feels a hand on his shoulder,

Rishi: Stop it S...

He gets up angrily ready to slam him when he himself gets shocked seeing Preetha.

She is wearing a dark blue shimmering dress reached upto mid thighs. Her hair is free with a thin silver band. With the minimum accessories, she looked enthralling.

A word couldn't slip his mouth while Preetha sees him confused,

Preetha: Teddy.....teddy....

She shakes him when he comes into senses,

Rishi: H....h...ha...ha!

Preetha: Kya hua?

His friends come forward stifling their laugh,

Vicky: Preetha puch rahi hein.Kya hua Rishi?

Sandy(holding her through shoulder): thum aise behave kar rahe ho jaise thumne ek devil ko dekha hein. She is our Preetha not some devil.

Sandy is really checking his limits and he glares him badly,

Preetha: What? Am I not looking good?