SLICE-42

University of Oxford

The Uni is a collection of colleges spread throughout the Oxford city which is also called as city of dreaming spires.

A black Mercedes zoom into the streets and stops at the Business wing.

Cladded up in a grey shirt with green checks tucked inside greyish jeans, gel free hair and with the black shades on, Karan gets down the car.

With a phone in his hand he walks towards the entrance stairs while every other utter a single word seeing him 'Cool'. 

Ascending the steps,he takes a first step  inside the humongous building and sighs.It's an usual day in the Uni still he liked it.Why not it's the magnificent University of the world which is a home to aspirants who dream of writing their name in the history.

He smiles seeing himself there but his smile turns to frown as soon as he sees the biker girl standing at a few feet from him and who is busy interacting with some blondes now.She looks at him and widen her eyes shocked, recognising him immediately.

She walks to him angrily while he stands there confused,

Girl: I told you not dare to follow me.But still you came here. I knew you are a creep I should have called the cops then but I will now. Wait.....

She is taking her phone and dialing some number when Karan snatches her phone,

Girl: What are you doing?

Karan: First calm down.

Girl: What calm down? Give my phone.

Karan: Give me a minute.

She is not even listening him,she just wants her phone back,

Girl(irritated): Give it back.You idiot!

He is annoyed by the whole thing,

Karan: Just listen me once.

He says loudly just making sure it doesn't disturb others,

Girl: Why will I listen to your bloody stories.First give my phone back otherwise I am.......

He is also vexed,

Karan(firmly): Shut up! I will return your phone but first listen me.

The girl huffs seeing his persistence,

Girl: Tell me.....tell me.But don't expect me to believe it. I will listen and then call the police. C'mon start.

Karan: Look Ms, I am a decent man and I wouldn't do such cheap things. Yesterday I was looking at the bike model and nothing else. I didn't realize about you as all my attention was on the bike and you misunderstood me.When I was about to apologize, you didn't even let me speak.It was all just a misunderstanding.

For a second she listened and looked at him from top to toe, he looked nice and his words seemed honest,

Girl: If you are not following me then why are you here.Why do you think I will believe you?

He is getting irritated but still keeps his cool,

Karan: Give it a break.I am not following you.I am here for a work and I suppose you are also here for the same.Its not my fault that we both have things to do at the same place.

The girl understands what he is implying while he gives her phone back,

Karan: And I am sorry for yesterday but not for today. I really didn't have wrong intentions I just wanna see the bike model.That's it. Bye!

She is taking in what he is saying while He takes a few steps and comes back,

Karan: Remember not everyone is a rogue.Next time give a chance for others to speak.Don't go on spitting fire like a dragon!

The girl widen her eyes and her mouth,

Girl: Did you just call me dragon?

Karan rolls his eyes,

Karan: You called me creep that too twice.

Girl: I don't know about you and you seemed like that.

Karan(smirk): I don't know about you too and you also seem like one.

She narrows her eyes,

Girl: Fine! I am Preetha.

Karan smiles internally as he already guessed she is an indian,

Karan: Ok dragon Preetha!

She glares him,

Preetha: Shall I continue calling creep?

Karan(smiles): No! Call me Karan!

Preetha: Indian I see?

She is slightly relieved and happy finding someone from her country,

Karan: I look indian too!

She rolls her eyes,

Preetha: Ok Creepy Karan!

She smirks and he chuckles.

Karan: Are you studying here?

She believed him but still has her doubts,

Preetha: Isn't this called creepy nature?

Karan: No.It's called friendly nature.

Preetha by now realized he is not a bad  guy,

Preetha:Hmm.... I am selected for 3 week training course in business management.Thats why I am here.

Karan is surprised but smiles,

Karan: We are on the same boat then.

She didn't understand first but then she realises,

Preetha(surprised): You are also in for the course?

Karan: Yeah!

If she didn't like him first she is ok now,

Preetha: Impressive!

Karan: I am! Let's go now!

They both make some acquaintances and sit in the hall  with others when the Professor introduces himself and asked them to prepare a presentation regarding a topic.

Preetha is doing her presentation in the laptop when her eyes carelessly glance around and stop at Karan. She sees that Karan is so into his work that his sight is nowhere but on the lappy.

She is observing his face when Karan suddenly looks at her side feeling someone's eyes on him.When he realises it's Preetha he raises his eyebrows as if asking what? She nods her head as Nothing and gets into her work.

Preetha(to herself): Mickey kya kar rahi ho thum?

Shaking her head, she looks into her work while he gets back into his.

The day is spent conversing and learning new things. The professor asks them to give their presentations tomorrow.

As they walk outside, Preetha sees that Karan is walking infront of her talking with a blond boy. She expected him to see back but he just went towards his car and got away.

Sighing,she too leaves in her car.