SLICE-28

Preetha came out of the class hurridly and is walking along without any stop as she thinks about morning incidents....... Karan's punishment,Rishi's teasings.She is not at all feeling good and wants some fresh air.

She is in her thoughts when she suddenly realizes that it's not her department or her block but she came to other end of the college.......the under graduation block.

Looking around she sees a ground and an empty bench behind a tree.Pacing there,she settles herself on the bench putting her bag aside.She closes her eyes for a minute taking slow breathes and opens her eyes to see the huge ground with trimmed grass.She could see few students far away discussing, walking holding some banners on the pavement maybe some event is going to be held.

She was just looking at her surroundings when she heard a voice from her back,

"What's my Sweetheart doing on our sweet spot?"

She knew who it is,you also know who it is,

Preetha: I don't know.........Go and ask her not me!

He walks to the other end of the bench,

Karan: But she is not responding to me least she is not even looking at me.......Can you please tell her to look at me?

Preetha(shrugging): Why should I? She is none to me I don't know her.

Karan: You don't know yourself...... Really?

And he laughs when she sees him who is standing at the end of the bench.He sees her looking at him,

Karan: Hey I don't need your help as my sweetheart looked at me.

Shaking her head,

Preetha: What do you want karan?

Karan: Her smile.

She looks at him,a smile is about to steal his lips but goes off when she looks away,

Karan: See still she is not responding to me.Ask her what is she doing here at this time?

Preetha(retorts): She wants to be alone for sometime as her hitler lecturer punished her infront of the whole class and it's the first time she got punished.

Karan: But he gave punishment to Preetha who came late to the class not to his sweetheart who swept him off his feet.

Her eyes go widen and she snaps her head to him who is looking at her coolly,

Preetha: W....what?

Karan: Yes........(he sits beside her)you know what he said to me that his sweetheart is looking so beautiful today just like a walking light in her yellow dress.And when she was asking permission breathing heavily he just wanted to hold her and give her his breath.

This time her mouth widens too and she comes out of their act,

Preetha: th.....thum kya baath kar rahe ho?

She sees around for anyone listening but finds none so looks at him again,

Preetha: thum....thum.....

Not able to utter anything she looks around again and sees him again he too sees her locking their eyes and after a moment they burst into laughter.

Laughing and shaking her head for their act she moves closely to him putting her head on his shoulder.She holds his arm tightly, and just like that she felt everything good.

They stop laughing and take in the moment for few minutes when,

Karan(lowly): bura laga?

Preetha: kyun?