SLICE-46

LUTHRA MANSION

LUTHRA MANSION

The sun rises steadily unlocking a new date in the calendar.

As it's light falls on his sleeping posture,his eyes flutter but opens atlast.A cute smile adores his face feeling the first rays of the day.

Lazily, Karan stretches his hand on the table beside for his phone.He checks for any emergency calls and finds none.He then searches for messages or calls from a contact named "Dragon".

Nothing.

Slightly disappointed,he texts a good morning message and turns on his back closing his eyes.

He sighs.

It's been a month he went to college and three weeks since he met Preetha.First year final exams are going on and she is busy studying herself, teaching others, working for hospital.She is having a busy schedule where she can't take more than few minutes for him.

He is not laid off either.Accustoming himself to the chief position,lecturing students, attending business parties he has his share of days but the only difference is the family's support.Because of them he could go through this unplanned year.

Right...... a year has gone by with her in his life.

Meeting every other morning under the tree in the college which they named it as sweet spot,celebrating their birthdays at midnight,accompanying eachother in out of state tours,late night video calls etc etc and the most tiring and thrilling part is the struggles they had go through to keep them as a secret.

They enjoyed that thrill every minute.Fully.

Now,he is missing her.

Badly.

He just didn't like this.

He again takes his phone and opens his inbox for reply but exhales loudly seeing his own message.Might be asleep as she is sleeping at 2 or 3 every night.

Not wanting to disturb her sleep by calling, he tosses the phone on the table and wakes up from bed to freshen up.

It is Sunday and he has no plans with Preetha so he takes his time in getting ready and goes downstairs only to see chaos.

On one side of the huge hall,Jahnavi is with designers discussing,on the dining side servants are placing breakfast,in the lounge executives are waiting to meet his father and in the centre Arhaan is enjoying potato chips watching the big LED.

He strides towards Arhaan and plops beside him,

Karan: Subah subah Chips kaun khata hein?

Arhaan: Mein!

Karan takes some from his bowl,

Arhaan(mocks): Subah subah Chips kaun khata hein?

Karan: Mein!