SLICE-55

SUNDAY

Preetha is in Luthra office with others. They have their 3rd review meeting with Karan today so they are busy preparing for it.

It happens on every Sunday morning as his schedule is free to specifically examine their work.But  it's already evening and there's no call from Karan till now. His PA Ravi is also not seen. They are confused about what to do when they are called in for the meeting room.

Entering they find Ravi who is all tired and tensed,

Ravi: Sorry guys Sir is not available at the moment. Your meeting is scheduled next week I will mail you the details later.You can leave now.

Everyone come out with disappointed faces but Preetha is reluctant to leave. Yesterday was a rush in Karan's floor because of his absence and he postponed the meeting on Sunday. What might have happened?

Deciding to ask Ravi about it,she stays back and about to push the door when she listens him speaking to someone,

Ravi: Yes sir..... Yes sir....we are tracking. We will find him sir. Yes sure. Ok. I will inform you. Ok.

He puts off the call and she barges in,

Preetha: Who's on the phone?

Ravi: Ms Arora you have to leave.

Preetha: Cut the crap and tell me Who's on the phone? And whom will you find?

Ravi: It's out of your business Ms. You...

Preetha: It's completely my business and you will tell me what's going on. Now!

Ravi doesn't speak and she understood his hesitation so calms down,

Preetha: I know them very well. We are family. You can tell me. Was that Sameer on the line?

He believed her as she is addressing them with names and also her case is special though he don't know why,

Ravi: No it's Mr. Mahesh Luthra. He is asking me to speed up.

Preetha: What speed up? Where's Karan?

Ravi: Karan sir is missing since two days Ms Arora. Mahesh Sir is saying to speed up the tracking.

She is shocked,

Preetha: What do you mean by missing?

Ravi: Friday night he left from office but didn't reached Mansion. He didn't come office yesterday and is also not at home. Noone in the family knows about his whereabouts since 2 days.It's like he disappeared.

It took her minute to grasp what he said,

Preetha: Where's Sameer?

Ravi: In the mansion.

That's it. Taking her bag she hastily runs outside the building where Rishi is waiting to pick her up.

Rishi: Hey Mick...

She sits in the car ignoring him,

Preetha: Drive to Luthra Mansion.

Rishi: Huh. Why?

Preetha: Just drive Rishi. Fast!

She is tensed and in hurry so Rishi does what she said.

On the way, she calls Karan but his phone is switched off. She tries and tries and receives same answer. So sends his number to their security head and asks him to track.

By that time, they are at the gates with guards stopping the car. Rishi lowers the window to inform but seeing Preetha beside, guards wish her and asks the other to open the electronic gates.