SLICE-47

Preetha yells as soon as she understood what Arhaan said,

Preetha: What do you mean by that?

Arhaan: Relax.Take a deep breath now.

He is loudly inhaling and exhaling,

Preetha(impatient): I don't wanna do yoga with you.Just tell me what's happening?

Arhaan: Ok ok.So Aunty told I mean persisted Karan to meet this woman.He maximum avoided it but she is adamant.I mean what can he do when she has been nagging him.

Preetha: For what?

Arhaan: For his marriage.

She closes her eyes controlling herself,

Preetha: I am telling you Arhaan if you use 'his marriage' another time I will make sure you will not be there for your marriage.

Arhaan(widened eyes): Karan is right you really are a dragon.

Preetha(sternly): Get to the point.

He huffs,

Arhaan: Since Jaanu and I decided on our marriage Aunty is pestering him for his. Elders don't know about you so he was not able to convince her. She keeps on sending girls photos and arranging meetings. He tried but she is hard you know. Not wanting to hurt her, he decided to meet only to reject them. 

She closes her eyes angrily listening this,

Preetha: Why didn't he tell me?

Arhaan: He doesn't wanna disturb you with these. He said you are already managing a lot of work and he doesn't wanna bother you by adding another.

Preetha(sarcastic): Or is it because he could go to dates every weekend with others?

Arhaan:Nah.You know him right.He shifted to India just for you.Do you think he did all this to choose another person?

She calms down,

Preetha: Whatever. Your friend needs a lesson and I will teach him.

She cuts the call and stomps from the room.

She is hastily walking through the hall without looking at her family who is having dinner but Sarla sees her,

Sarla: Mickey? Kaha ja rahi ho?

She suddenly stops not at all expecting her question,

Preetha: Me....mei....Meera ke paas ja rahi hu ma.

Sarla: Abhi tho aayi ho thum?

Preetha: Ha ma meri notes uske paas reh gayi.Usi lene ja rahi hu.

Varun: Tho kal subah lelena.Its already 8:30 now.

Preetha: It's very important jiju.(mumbles) I should go get what's mine.

Mahi: Haa?

Preetha: Kuch nai.Mujhe jaana hein.