Chapter 6: A guy so utterly sticky that he couldn't be warded off.

HongSheng Building, 46th floor, office of the president:

Cheng YuTang sat in a leather chair, with his hands crossed on his desk and his brow slightly furrowed.

"Cheng Zong, when can the meeting begin?" carefully asked the senior executive assistant, Zhao BaiXin, as he put the brewed coffee on the desk.

From the moment he had entered the elevator lobby until now, he had felt that there was something wrong with Cheng Zong. He called the special elevator and didn't ride, actually squeezing in the staff elevator with the little delivery guy. When he entered the office, he didn't go to work as vigorously as he usually did, but just sat in place without saying a word as if his head was in the sky for more than three minutes. It was a little strange to be holding up the numerous department managers in the conference room who had been called to work overtime.

Cheng YuTang came back to himself, but didn't answer, "Xiao Zhao, do you remember what I did in Xing Cheng at the end of December last year?"

"I remember."

For Zhao BaiXin to be a senior executive assistant, he had to be exceptional in several ways, one of which was his good memory. Not to mention remembering the past year's mileage and Cheng YuTang's daily schedule, the event of leaving Ning City for a Xing Cheng business trip had left a deep impression, so he immediately recalling and answered clearly, "You went to Xing Cheng on December 20th, to meet with some local real estate developers and the officials of the relevant government departments to discuss the development and construction of Xing Cheng's High-tech Park and you reached a preliminary cooperation agreement. On Christmas Eve, the 24th, you took some time to meet an old classmate. The next morning, you received a call from your household and flew directly to the capital......"

Cheng YuTang interrupted his account, "Where do I stay on Christmas Eve?"

"Uh, wait a moment, I'll take a look."

Zhao BaiXin couldn't remember because that hotel wasn't a well-known international hotel, just a small locally owned place in Xing Cheng, barely considered a four-star grade, so he quickly took out his phone and looked up the electronic travel record from last year. Cheng YuTang's old classmate, Han QingShi, was the nephew of the hotel's small owner, so he was hosted at the hotel as a guest. He had more than a few drinks in the evening and he stayed there overnight.

Afterwards, Cheng YuTang didn't mention anything about his discussion with his old classmate. The two also didn't contact each other later, indicating that the day was insignificant to Cheng YuTang and so Zhao BaiXin had forgotten the day's affairs. He didn't know why Cheng Zong suddenly brought up this past event.

"Found it, you stayed at the XinHao Hotel, in a grand suite that Mr. Han arranged for you. Is there a problem?"

There was a huge problem. Cheng YuTang's brow couldn't be furrowed more tightly.

What happened during the day of Christmas Eve last year, he remembered very clearly. All the official business had been finished at noon, so he had planned to return to Ning City in the afternoon. But he had received a phone call from his junior high classmate, Han QingShi, and changed his itinerary for the rest of the day.

Han QingShi and Cheng YuTang had sat at a table and gone back and forth for some time. Han QingShi was very clever and had had good grades too. Once upon a time, Cheng YuTang's relationship with this brainiac had been relatively close. After the college entrance examination, Cheng YuTang went out to study abroad and had little contact with all of his classmates, including Han QingShi. Five years later, he had come back and gradually taken over his family company. First, he was busy with work and, second, he kept a low profile, so he had even less to do with his old classmates.