Chapter 29: Colorful little light bulb

Looking at Cheng YuTang's face and seeing that his expression looked awful, with his lips trembling as if he were about to have a stroke, Ji XiaoYu quickly added, "I'm not lying to you. See for yourself if you don't believe me!" Saying that, he ran into the room, pulled the little white egg from under the quilt, and ran back to Cheng YuTang and raised it up in front of his face.

Cheng YuTang struggled to steady his thoughts, looking intently. A small, white round thing lay in Ji XiaoYu's palm, much like a chicken egg, but just a little smaller than an average egg. Moreover, the eggshell was warm-toned and delicate, and the texture was a bit like some kind of jade. This was different from an ordinary egg.

He didn't know why, but some part of his heart trembled, as if it had been gently poked by an invisible finger.

At the same time, the little white egg glinted slightly, like a jewel, emitting a faint dazzling glow.

Ji XiaoYu was surprised and delighted. He could hardly believe his eyes. He had been incubating the egg for over than six months and this was the first time he had seen this phenomenon from the little white egg. Caught up in the moment, he was so excited that he pulled Cheng YuTang's sleeve and cried out, "Look, look, it's shining! Isn't it beautiful?! Isn't it?!"

Cheng YuTang was sour and salty in his heart, numb and heated – let's not bring up that feeling. He wanted to say like hell it was beautiful, that it was just like some shoddy 15 yuan trinket from a market stall. But that would be speaking against his conscience. This mysterious egg really was beautiful. Even though he was knowledgeable, he had never seen this kind of thing before. He almost couldn't keep himself from reaching out and touching it just now. And also, Ji XiaoYu was so happy, his eyes bright like stars, his expression so exuberant, so it would be difficult to say the ugly lie and he could only answer in a perfunctory way, "It's alright, like a colorful little light bulb that glows when it is energized. It must have a battery inside."

Ji XiaoYu sighed in happy relief. He had been so excited just now that he had gotten dizzy and almost let the cat out of the bag. Fortunately, Cheng YuTang didn't notice anything unusual. He had been given a reasonable explanation, so he quickly echoed: "Yeah, yeah, this egg is called Xiao DengPao. Cheng Zong, you're so smart!"

(Note: deng pao literally means light bulb and is also slang for 'third wheel', CYT is being sarcastic calling it this; going to use the pinyin for this name for the rest of the novel for....reasons)

Cheng YuTang: "......"

Cheng Zong had been praised, but he wasn't happy at all. His eyebrows twitched and he asked, "Who was your previous partner? A man or a woman? How come I've never heard you mention them before?"

Ji XiaoYu replied slyly without answering, "Whether it was a man or a woman, it's all in the past. There's nothing more to say, it's boring to talk about."

"Since it's a former partner, what are you still doing with the thing they gave you?" Cheng YuTang felt so jealous that he couldn't stand it anymore, but he couldn't explain why he was unhappy.

Ji XiaoYu laughed. "Although the other one wasn't a good person, the thing that was given is still good. It's okay to just keep it."

Cheng YuTang didn't know whether to laugh or cry after hearing this sentence. This little thing didn't seem to have a good impression of his former partner, no nostalgia at all. This was, of course, very good news. But knowing that the partner wasn't a good person, he still keep the thing given by that fucker. Shouldn't it be nauseating?

Where is this little light bulb even from, I'll give you a car instead!

Forget it, forget it, if he likes it, he can keep it.