Chapter 66: It's a Xiao DengPao again. Do you like it?

Cheng Father was next to him so he grabbed him quickly and asked, "XiaoYu, what's wrong?"

Ji XiaoYu was speechless, but the hand holding the phone was visibly shaking and a "hey, hey" was coming from it. Father Cheng's heart sank and he pulled the phone right out of his hand. Afraid, he said, "I'm Cheng YuTang's father. What's wrong?"

Mother Cheng had a bad hunch, so she waited nervously while holding Cheng PaoPao.

A minute later, Father Cheng's face turned white as he hung up the phone. Mother Cheng asked quickly, "Old man, what's going on?"

Father Cheng answered mechanically, "TangTang's subordinate said that he's currently in a severe coma, all of his organs are on the verge of systematic failure. The doctor just notified him it's a critical illness......"

"What? How could this be?!" Mother Cheng cried in disbelief. Her eyes turned red at once. "Wasn't he still okay when he went out to work this morning? How come suddenly......"

"Don't worry, TangTang has always had a healthy body. He's had a regular examination done every year, so this has to be a misdiagnosis." Father Cheng took a deep breath and calmed his mind, saying, "I'm going to the hospital now!"

Ji XiaoYu breathed out, saying, "I-I'm going too!"

Mother Cheng also said, "And me!"

Cheng PaoPao didn't understand what his grandparents and dad were talking about, only knowing that they were going out, so he couldn't help but wave his two little arms in excitement, "Ah ah!"

"Then let's go together." Father Cheng knew he couldn't stop them, so he didn't argue and personally drove them to Ning City People's Hospital – that is, the hospital Ji XiaoYu and Cheng YuTang once stayed at and that was now controlled by HongSheng's investment.

After getting on the road, Cheng PaoPao was as excited as ever, pointing a chubby finger all around at the traffic on the street and screaming "ah ah" non-stop. Ji XiaoYu was sitting next to him but couldn't smile at all. He put his hands on his lower abdomen where he had started to ache again, forcing himself to calm down. The captain must have just been joking just now. Nothing bad will happen, I'm sure of it!

......

Outside the intensive care unit of Ning City People's Hospital, in addition to Yang YiPeng, there were several HongSheng executives who had come. Everyone was silent, looking dignified, until the sound of rapid footstep disturbed the quiet corridor.

Father Cheng stepped forward and asked in a low voice, "What the hell is going on? What disease does YuTang have?"

A vice-president who had worked under Father Cheng ten years ago stammered in reply, "Old Mister Cheng, the doctor has said that Cheng Zong's situation is v-very rare. The specifics aren't clear yet. They're now consulting on the re-rescue plan and the results will take a little longer."

Ji XiaoYu saw Cheng YuTang lying in a hospital bed with his eyes closed and his face bloodlessly pale through the ICU window. His body was covered with various tubes and wires and all kinds of medical devices were beeping and going off. A group of doctors were arguing endlessly around him. All of a sudden, he felt as if he had fallen into a frozen lake and, after a moment of silence, he slammed the door of the ward open desperately.

Immediately, a doctor stepped forward to stop him, saying, "Sir, you can't come in!"

Ji XiaoYu brushed him aside with a slap of his hand and rushed straight to the side of the bed.

Another doctor rolled up his sleeves and said angrily, "Hey, what's wrong with you? This is......"

"It's alright, never mind him, this is the Cheng Zong's spouse!" The dean recognized Ji XiaoYu and quickly stopped the doctor.