Chapter 25: There's no time to explain, let me get in the car!

Ji XiaoYu was a little unhappy hearing Fang DaXing's tone, so he yawned and muttered, "Team Leader, isn't there anyone else? Why did you wait for me to get to work? I don't work until two o'clock, it's not even one-thirty yet......."

He had just had a full meal, so he was a little sleepy now.

Fang DaXing saw the reluctance on his face and he was about to scold him some. When he looked up and realized that Cheng YuTang had come, he immediately swallowed the dirty words back down inside and gave him a courteous salute, "Cheng Zong, hello!"

"Hello." Cheng YuTang nodded. He turned to Han QingShi and said, "I'll send you off here, goodbye."

"Goodbye, remember to think about the reunion!" Han QingShi went over to an expensive, luxury car, then zoomed away.

Why is this nasty man so rich? The heavens are really unfair! Ji XiaoYu shot an evil eye toward the backside of the car.

Cheng YuTang whispered to Fang DaXing, "Team Leader Fang, excuse me, but I have a few words to say separately to Ji XiaoYu, the oil spill......"

Fang DaXing caught on and immediately said, "No problem, Cheng Zong, you take your time talking, I'll go wash the floor!"

The last interloper to get in the way was now gone too. In the huge Area A, there were only two people left.

When Ji XiaoYu started to shift his gaze, he suddenly found Cheng YuTang looking at himself. His eyes held an inexplicable depth to them. He couldn't keep his heart from going *ba-thump* and his eyes almost jerked away.

Cheng YuTang appeared casual as he asked, "How are you doing with your driving lessons?"

Ji XiaoYu blinked and then puffed out his chest. He answered proudly, "Very good. The coach often praises me for learning quickly. I've already passed Subject 2 now, and if it all goes well, I'll be finished with the exam in a month!"

"Good. What did you think about the meal just now?"

"It was okay."

If there had been no surname Han person there, he would have enjoyed it more.

Cheng YuTang's lips curved up a bit and he said teasingly, "You may have eaten too much vinegar. Otherwise it would have tasted a little better."

Ji XiaoYu said in doubt, "No way, I don't like the taste, it's too sour. So I just used a little bit and didn't eat much of it."

Cheng YuTang: "......"

This "vinegar" is not that "vinegar", don't you know that? This kid ate too much, his brain is stuffed full of sashimi, so he can't learn anything!

He had seen it clearly just now when he had been talking to Han QingShi and had intentionally snubbed Ji XiaoYu. This little thing had been pouting the whole time and his hostility towards Han QingShi had been written directly on his forehead. If not jealousy, what was it?

Cheng YuTang could see this hint hadn't worked. So he simply started another topic, saying eloquently, "I went on a business trip on the 22nd last month. I came back to rest for two days at the end of the month and then went to Country A to attend a large conference. I only came back the day before yesterday."

The information was superficially completely true, but the underlying meaning was not – at least not what he was telling Ji XiaoYu.

It was both a setback and a disappointment when he got kicked that other night, so he had taken a two day break at home to calm down. His first business trip on the 22nd didn't require the president's presence, but he went there personally for the sake of distracting himself. The second trip was to divert his attention and cool down his heated state, so that he could forcibly pull his runaway momentum back on track.