Chapter 11: If he doesn't work well, he'd just fire him!

"Ay yo, it's a pigeon egg!" Before Ji XiaoYu could rush over and hide the little white egg, Wu YaoQiang had already seen it clearly with the light of his flashlight, "Ji LaoDi, what're you doing putting this thing on the bed? Incubating an egg? Hahaha! Be careful not to crush the egg and get yolk on your b.u.t.t, hahahaha!"

Ji XiaoYu: "........"

I have to admit that to a certain extent, Qiang Zi Ge is speaking the truth.

However, this is obviously a pheasant egg, not a pigeon egg! Even if it's a little smaller than an ordinary egg, it's not that outrageously small, right? Qiang Zi Ge, do you have bad eyes?!

And yolk on his b.u.t.t or whatever, just thinking about that image made him go crazy.

Ji XiaoYu pulled the sheet over to cover the little white egg and smiled slightly as he said, "That's right, I'm incubating an egg, can't I?"

"Of course, of course!" Wu YaoQiang only thought that he was joking, so he said happily, "You slowly incubate, I won't bother you. When you hatch the chick someday, I'll give you a big red envelope!" With that, he went down the stairs with a grin.

"Thank you, Qiang Zi Ge, then I'll be waiting!" Ji XiaoYu shouted at his back.

Whenever I really hatch my child, Qiang Zi Ge, don't break your word.

After such a fuss, his previous sleepiness was driven away. Looking at the time displayed on his phone, 04:39, Ji XiaoYu felt a little heartache, but he had no other choice but to close his eyes for a while longer.

After dawn came, Ji XiaoYu found that Li DeFa's att.i.tude toward himself was different than previously. He wore a bad expression and a.s.signed him some of the previous work that didn't belong to him, as if he were a mother who turned hostile and became a step-mother. Zhang QiaoYan and Wu YaoQiang found this strange and privately asked him when he offended Boss Li.

Ji XiaoYu knew that Boss Li was just venting his dissatisfaction over the resignation. This was what he has already expected in advance, so he neither complained nor pushed back. He did what he had to do and the quality of his work wasn't compromised. However, he didn't tell Zhang QiaoYan and Wu YaoQiang the reason. There was no use in saying it now, better just to wait for the resignation to be settled.

A week flashed by and, on September 30th, Ji XiaoYu had worked in the little restaurant for three months. Li DeFa never expressed his position on his resignation directly, so he planned to have a direct showdown over it this evening.

After returning to the little restaurant from delivery at noon, Ji XiaoYu gave the money and bill to Zhang QiaoYan. Wu YaoQiang heard the sound and poked his head out from the kitchen window and, reaching out, dropped a little object from his palm.

With his quick eyes, Ji XiaoYu reached out and caught it firmly. He took a look. It was an egg a bit smaller than the normal size.

Wu YaoQiang laughed and said, "Ji LaoDi, do you think that this little egg is as beautiful as the egg you're incubating? You can eat it to replenish your body, saving yourself the effort."

Ji XiaoYu's scalp went numb. He raised his hand and threw the small egg back, angrily saying, "To h.e.l.l with replenishment, I don't need it, you can keep it to eat yourself!"

In the corner of the small restaurant, a sharp-faced man who heard this lifted up his head to look. Something flashed in his eyes and he quickly bowed his head and continued to nonchalantly eat.

Zhang QiaoYan giggled as she rang up the order, "Xiao Yu, you're not a hen, what egg incubation?"

Ji XiaoYu suddenly blushed, defending himself, "N-no, it's not, don't you listen to Qiang Zi Ge's nonsense....."