Chapter 41: There was a faint look of complete, desperate madness

After leaving the supermarket, the two men carried the bunch of shopping bags to the parking lot to load up the car. There was a man right next to them at the neighboring car, who was stunned at first when he saw them and then he said in delight, "YuTang, what a coincidence, you also shop here. Long time no see. I've called for you with your front desk several times and couldn't reach you. I couldn't even get through to your cell phone directly. Is this big president so busy?"

Ji XiaoYu was stuffing a shopping bag into the trunk and looked up at the sound. His embarrassment from before instantly turned into displeasure, coincidence my butt, how could we just happen to run into this surname Han?

Cheng YuTang gave a little nod, "Mmm, I've been very busy recently. Today is the first day that I've been a bit free."

He had specifically addressed his front desk staff, telling them to just not forward the calls. This old classmate had always been a smart guy, so why did he have to pretend to be clueless regarding this matter?

Han QingShi laughed, saying, "No wonder. There's a class reunion the day after tomorrow, what do you think about it?"

"If there're no big surprises, I should be able to go."

"Great, I'll welcome you!" Han QingShi couldn't restrain his excitement. "Since today I happened to run into you, why don't we get lunch together? This time, I'll treat you!"

Cheng YuTang replied lightly, "Sorry, there's something to do at home, we just bought some things and we're heading back."

We? Who? When Han QingShi caught on to that keyword, he couldn't help but turn his head and look around. Just then, Ji XiaoYu shut the trunk and their gazes met and his heart suddenly sank.

It was a bit odd when they ate together at HongSheng last time. Today was the weekend and Cheng YuTang had actually brought this kid along to the supermarket. He can't help but wonder what the relationship between these two people really was.

He didn't reveal anything on his face. He smiled and quipped at Ji XiaoYu, "Isn't this the little security guard who we ate together with last time? What, have you been drafted as an able-bodied man for shopping by your Cheng Zong today?"

Thanks to an anti-Japanese drama that he had watched previously, Ji XiaoYu actually knew what it meant to "draft an able-bodied man", so with a glance out of the corner of his eye, he said, "I'm Cheng Zong's personal bodyguard and driver now, so driving him is part of my duties."

(Note: JXY uses a subtle/obscure term for duty here)

It's that simple? Han QingShi paused for a moment, still holding some doubt in his heart.

Ji XiaoYu couldn't be bothered to talk to him. He pulled open the door and sat in the driver's seat, then he closed the door with a "bang."

"Part of my duties"? Although the little thing didn't read much, this phrase was a bit exquisite. Cheng YuTang's lips curved slightly and he had a thought of how to make the situation a little more obvious. So he bent down and took a thermos cup from the passenger's seat. He opened the lid and took a sip himself first, then handed it to Ji XiaoYu, saying softly, "Are you thirsty? Drink some water."

After walking around in the heated supermarket for so long, Ji XiaoYu really was a little thirsty and he didn't feel like being polite right now. Anyway, this wouldn't be the first time they shared a water cup, so he drank a few mouthfuls after taking it.

Han QingShi: "......"

There was no doubt in that. If you couldn't see the relationship between these two people, you'd have to be a moron.